It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Karen Malone, Dean Lackie for Heidi Hayden-Ward (pm), and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy. We extend a welcome to staff member, Jennifer Victor, who will be working in the Resource and Student Services area for the remainder of the school year.
Happy Birthday to Andrea Smith. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Michaela LaPorte and Colby Stewart.
Highlights for Today:
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Mrs. MacKinnon’s Phys. Ed. Classes will be going curling today, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Students are required to have their signed participation forms and an extra pair of shoes.
- Women’s Basketball Team bus will depart for Francois Buote today at 3:45 pm.
- Women’s Basketball players who have ads for the tournament program should bring them to Ms. Dowd today by morning break.
- Athletic Department Fundraiser: Island Storm Basketball plays Moncton Miracles on Tuesday, December 10, at 7 pm. Tickets are only $5! Tickets are available from Ms. Dowd.
- Viking Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth at morning break and the beginning of lunch!
- Some fall athletes still have uniforms to be returned to Ms. Dowd! See below for a listing…
- Men’s Volleyball: Mark Morrison #13
- Women’s Soccer: Alisha MacDonald #5
- Women’s Volleyball: Emma Nabuurs #4, Emily Evans #14
- Field Hockey: Maddy Delodder, Chloe Chapman #5
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Cons.
- Staff and students: please check out the new magazines that the library has subscribed to: Hello Canada!,
Time, Snow Boarder, Outdoor Canada, Hockey News, Lou Lou (French). These are available for a three day loan in the library. Stay tuned for Rachel Ray and Readers’ Digest coming soon! Stop by today!
- Homeroom Teachers: Lists of overdue library materials are in your mailboxes. Please share with students and post in your rooms this morning. Students, please visit the library during break to renew or return materials. Thank you!
- The “Guess Who’s Reading” contest is still open for entries! Identify all of the 12 staff members reading their favourite book for your chance to win a holiday gift coupon, or discount for Scholastic, for a discount on any book order! All correct entries will be entered into a random draw, where three winners will be named! From now until December 13, ballots will be available in the Library!
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- 1800 Wheelchair Canada (Jan 5)
- Burger King Scholars Program (Jan 10)
- AFOA-Potashcorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards (Jan.10)
- Future Aces Foundation Scholarship and Citizenship Award (Jan.15)
- Schulich Leader Scholarship (Jan.23)
- Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 Student Life Network Contest (Jan. 23)
- The RCMP will be holding a Career Presentation at 3:00 pm on January 9, 2014, at the Rural Action Centre, Montague.
- If you would like this year’s yearbook, you now need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price is now $50 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions! If you don’t order, you will not get a yearbook in June!
- See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons that are available for an extra charge. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings on Wednesday, December 11.
- Due to the weather interruption, the next culinary meal will be on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 11:50 in Room 136. The meal is wild rice & vegetable soup, cheese biscuits, roasted chicken, duchesse potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gingerbread bites and morning burst drink. Cost is still $8.00. Sign-up today or Monday. The meals will go fast!
- Grads! Heckberts will be here on Tuesday, December 17, with photo packages. Balances must be paid in full before grad photos will be distributed.
- On Thursday, December 19, 2013, at the Chapters Indigo store in Charlottetown, there will be a fundraiser for the library from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. A portion of all regular priced sales will go towards the purchases of Kobo books, fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels. This is a great way to finish up your Christmas shopping and support the library. The MRHS choir will be on site entertaining shoppers with their musical talents. The library will be closed after school on this day for library staff to attend fundraiser. Sorry for any inconvenience.