It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Craig Conohan and Mike Hambly for Jonathan Hayes (pm).
Happy Birthday to Daniel Grant and Rebecca Martell. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Logan Kennedy, Patrick Murphy, and Saul Lanigan.
Highlights for Today:
- Western University of Toronto rep will be here today in the Library Conference Room from 1:45 to 3:00pm. Students who are attending should sign up at Student Services and get permission from teachers of missed classes.
- Ms Hayden-Ward’s extra help in Math will be on Tuesdays at 3:15 from now on, or by request.
- MRHS Parent Council will be meeting this evening at 6:30 in the Library Conference Room.
- Christmas Trees needed! If any staff or students have artificial Christmas trees that they are willing to let the Student Council use for the Christmas dance, please contact Chloe Jardine, Sarah Brothers or Megan Walsh as soon as possible.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- Some fall athletes still have uniforms to be returned to Ms. Dowd! See below for a listing…
- Men’s Volleyball: Mark Morrison #13, Cody Fitzpatrick, Anthony McGuigan #2
- Men’s Soccer: Dylan Lowry, Cameron Glover #14, Tyler Laird #4, Trevor Wheeler #3
- Women’s Soccer: Jory Donavon #16, Mia Levesque #11, Alisha MacDonald #5
- Women’s Volleyball: Emma Nabuurs #4, Allee Gallant #3, Emily Evans #14
- Field Hockey: Ali White #18, Maddy Delodder, Amy MacKenzie #7, Chloe Chapman #5, Bethany MacKenzie #8, Jojo Orsatti #11
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings Wrestling and Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated School.
- “Featured Literary Mustache of the day” goes to William Faulkner. Always impeccably groomed and dressed to impress, Faulkner’s image was made all the more grand because of his fine mustache. Please check out the new library display case for further info on the best Literary Mustaches of all time! Love it? Have you ever wanted to put money in a moustache? Support Movember by making a donation in the library!
- Our new “Guess Who’s Reading” contest is now underway! Identify all of the 12 staff members reading their favourite book for your chance to win a holiday gift coupon, or discount for Scholastic, for a discount on any book order! All correct entries will be entered into a random draw, where three winners will be named! From now until December 13, ballots will be available in the Library!
- Reps from Dalhousie University will be here this Wednesday from 9:15 to 10:15am in the Library Conference Room. Students who are attending must sign up at Student Services and get permission from A Block teachers.
- A rep from St. Mary’s University is visiting the school to do an information session and answer questions during lunch on December 2 at Student Services. Interested students are asked to sign up at Student Services.
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $48 during lunch until November 29. After that time, you will need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price goes up to $50 on Dec.1 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions!
- Payment by cash or cheque will be accepted. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please visit the school’s website www.montaguehigh.wordpress.com and click on the Yearbook Orders link and follow directions.
- See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons that are available for an extra charge. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- If you do not order a yearbook, you will not get one when they arrive in June!
Christmas Dance will be on Friday, December 6th from 7 to 10 pm with the doors closing at 8:00 pm. Tickets can be purchased on Tuesday, November 26, until Wednesday, December 4, at lunch only. Please buy early to avoid big line ups. The cost is $10/ticket or $8 with your SPC Card. Students are reminded that your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket. A Christmas Dance Contract must be signed by your parents or guardians and presented to the ticket seller before a ticket is purchased. If you have someone you would like to take that is not a student in this school, you must return a sign-in contract to Ms. Evans-Renaud no later than Friday, November 29th in order to be considered. The Dance Contract and the Sign-in Contract are available in the main office.
- SAVE students are reminded that there will be meetings this week, on Tuesday and Wednesday in Room 113, beginning at 11:50.
- “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show is scheduled for 7:00 pm on Tuesday, November 26, in an effort to raise funds for those affected by Typhoon Haiyan. Admission is only $5 at the MRHS Cafeteria door, but additional donations are gladly accepted.
- This week’s Culinary meals. Book your meal at the ticket booth in the main lobby.
- Tuesday, Nov.26: corn chowder, pulled pork sliders, key lime pie, pomegranate drink.
- Friday, Nov.29: chicken with rice soup, scalloped potatoes/roast ham, corn on the cob, chipotle butter, carrot cake with cream cheese icing, lemon ice tea.
- The Cafeteria is serving a Christmas Dinner on Thursday, Dec. 5. Tickets will be on sale in the Cafeteria starting Monday, Nov.18, until Friday, Nov.29. Only those who have purchased tickets will receive this dinner on Dec. 5.
Public Service Announcements:
- Book Launch in the Library: On Tuesday, December 3, Hugh MacDonald will launch his 14th book, The Last Wild Boy, at the MRHS Library from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. There will be a signing table where you can make purchases for $12.95. Morgan Sauliner will provide musical entertainment and MRHS Culinary class will provide refreshments. The entire public is invited to attend this event to support our local author.
- Montague Shoppers Drug Mart is having a Christmas Gala on December 5 from 4:00 to 9:00pm. Tickets are $10, but $5 comes back to you that evening and $5 goes to the Look Good, Feel Better Program. Everyone goes home with a goody bag of makeup and/or cosmetics and you’ll have opportunities for free facials, manicures, makeovers, or skin consultations. Book your ticket now!
- Ann and her elves at Sir Isaac’s Restaurant in Montague are once again serving a FREE Christmas dinner from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm on December 25. Call 838-2628 to reserve a seat. Everyone is welcome.