It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Julie Jorden for Heidi Hayden-Ward (pm), Taylor Johnson for Chantelle Beaton, Zak Likely for Philip MacDonald, Dean Lackie for Matthew Killeen, Mike Hambly for Glenda McInnis (pm), Trevor MacDonald for Sandra Hicken, and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
Happy Birthday to Brooke Hancock.
Christmas Dance will be on Friday, December 6th from 7 to 10 pm with the doors closing at 8:00 pm. Tickets can be purchased on Tuesday, November 26th until Wednesday, December 4th at lunch only. Please buy early to avoid big line ups. The cost is $10/ticket or $8 with your SPC Card. Students are reminded that your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket. A Christmas Dance Contract must be signed by your parents or guardians and presented to the ticket seller before a ticket is purchased. If you have someone you would like to take that is not a student in this school, you must return a sign-in contract to Ms. Evans-Renaud no later than Friday, November 29th in order to be considered. The Dance Contract and the Sign-in Contract are available in the main office.
Highlights for Today:
- There will be a VERY important meeting for all girls from the Disney Choir today at first break in Learning Centre B. ALL Disney Choir girls must attend.
- Hope After Haiyan meeting today at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room for all those interested in helping out with the Variety show scheduled for next week.
- Brazilian Dance Club is on today in Room 10 (Music Room) at 12 noon. We are learning a new dance! New members are welcome!
- This week in the Cafeteria: Students/staff are invited to go at lunch and order up a 6 or 12 inch sub or a 12 inch wrap with your choice of meats and veggies.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- Today’s Dodgeball Game: Grade 12 Boys play Shafts of Death.
- Students interested in doing scorekeeping for home basketball games should give their names to Ms. Dowd, William McGuigan, or Morgan Campbell. Rate is $10 per game.
- Any qualified lifeguards who are interested in assisting with PE classes at AFC, please see Ms. Dowd.
- All fall athletes must return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd this week! See below for a listing…
- Men’s Volleyball: Mark Morrison #13, Jake Banks #8, Tristen Dawson #9, Cody Fitzpatrick, Anthony McGuigan #2, Tynan Murphy, #12 jersey & shorts, #3 jersey & shorts, #4 jersey and shorts.
- Men’s Soccer: Brent Deagle #8, Dylan Lowry, Cameron Glover #14, Tyler Laird #4, Trevor Wheeler #3, Marcus Miller #21, Michael Vanderswaag #15.
- Women’s Soccer: Sarah Somers, Jory Donavon #16, Sarah McFarish #2, Leah Jordan #10, Samara Blakeney #17, Alanna VanWiechen #14, Sarah Visser #13, Emma MacDonald #9, Bailie Campbell #12, Mia Levesque #11, Michaela McSwain #8, Alisha MacDonald #5, Kristen Whiteway #18, Sierra MacDonald, Sarah Benoit.
- Women’s Volleyball: Emma Nabuurs #4, Tanisha Victor #6, Allee Gallant #3, Cassie McLean #9, Christina Rose #12, Emily Evans #14.
- Field Hockey: Ali White #18, Hope Higginbotham #3, Amanda Gormley #4, Maddy Delodder, Amy MacKenzie #7, Chloe Chapman #5, Alyssa Ferguson #13, Megan Walsh #17, Hannah Gormley #6, Deanna Morris #9, Mikayla McGuirk #14, Bethany MacKenzie #8, Jojo Orsatti #11.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings Wrestling and Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 – 5:00 at Montague Consolidated School.
- “Featured Literary Mustache of the day” goes to Kurt Vonnegut, a heavily mustachioed man with a wild mop of curly hair. Slaughterhouse-Five writer Kurt Vonnegut is a scruffy symbol of the ‘60s and ‘70s counterculture movement. Please check out the new library display case for further info on the best Literary Mustaches of all time! Love it? Have you ever wanted to put money in a moustache? Support Movember by making a donation in the library!
- Have a suggestion for a great book? Mrs. Killeen is putting in an order…get your suggestions into the mailbox in the library.
Hope After Haiyan:
- MRHS hosts “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show. Students of MRHS will showcase their talents in efforts to raise funds for those affected by Typhoon Haiyan. Come on out Tuesday, November 26, at 7:00 pm to the Cafeteria for this great cause! Admission is only $5 at the door, but additional donations are gladly accepted. See you there!
- What’s your talent? We’re looking for students to showcase their talent in the “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show. All those interested should sign up on the sheet on the music room door ASAP! There will be a meeting on Tuesday at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room for all interested.
- Volunteers are needed to help out with the “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show on November 26. All interested should talk to Lisa Morrison by November 21.
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $48 during lunch until November 29. After that time, you will need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price goes up to $50 on Dec.1 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions!
- Payment by cash or cheque will be accepted. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please visit the school’s website www.montaguehigh.wordpress.com and click on the Yearbook Orders link and follow the directions.
- Please note that special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons are available for an extra charge. See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for more information about these features. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- If you do not order a yearbook, you will not get one when they arrive in June!
- Hospital Volunteer Program mandatory training will take place on the next three Thursdays (starting Nov.21) from 3:30-4:45 (approx) at the Hospital. If you have any questions, please see Mr Conohan.
- Upcoming University Visitations. Sessions will take place in the Library Conference Room.
- Monday, November 25: Western University of Toronto, 1:45-3:00pm
- Wednesday, November 27, Dalhousie, 9:15-10:15am
- Students must sign up at Student Services and if attending a session during class time, they must have their teacher’s permission in advance.
- A rep from St. Mary’s University is visiting the school to do an information session and answer questions during lunch on December 2 at Student Services. Interested students are asked to sign up at Student Services.
- Wyatt Inman will be in the fitness centre after school on Thursday to do a session with Power Lifters.
- This week’s Culinary meal is postponed until next Tuesday, November 26. There will also be Culinary meal served on Friday, November 29. Stay tuned for the menu.
- The Cafeteria is serving a Christmas Dinner on Thursday, December 5. Tickets will be on sale in the Cafeteria starting Monday, Nov.18, until Friday, Nov.29. Only those who have purchased tickets will receive the Christmas Dinner on Dec. 5.