It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Matthew Killeen, Mike Hambly for Christie Beck, John Smither for Trisha Burrows, Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, Taylor Johnson for Bethany MacLeod (pm), and Janet Scott for Toby Murphy.
Happy Birthday to Ryan Osborne. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Joel Hancock, Blake Llewellyn, Darren Martin, Dillon Perry, and Dominick Vandaele.
Christmas Dance will be on Friday, December 6th from 7 to 10 pm with the doors closing at 8:00 pm. Tickets can be purchased on Tuesday, November 26th until Wednesday, December 4th at lunch only. Please buy early to avoid big line ups. The cost is $10/ticket or $8 with your SPC Card. Students are reminded that your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket. A Christmas Dance Contract must be signed by your parents or guardians and presented to the ticket seller before a ticket is purchased. If you have someone you would like to take that is not a student in this school, you must return a sign-in contract to Ms. Evans-Renaud no later than Friday, November 29th in order to be considered. The Dance Contract and the Sign-in Contract are available in the main office.
Highlights for Today:
- Acadia reps will be set up in the Library Conference Room today at noon. Students need to sign up for this session at Student Services.
- Student Council – If you brought in dishes for the bake sale on Friday, would you please go to room #133 today to pick them up.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- Students interested in doing scorekeeping for home basketball games should give their names to Ms. Dowd, William McGuigan, or Morgan Campbell. Rate is $10 per game.
- Any qualified lifeguards who are interested in assisting with PE classes at AFC, please see Ms. Dowd.
- All fall athletes must return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd this week! See below for a listing…
- Men’s Volleyball: Mark Morrison #13, Jake Banks #8, Tristen Dawson #9, David Thompson #10, Cody Fitzpatrick, Anthony McGuigan #2, Tynan Murphy, #12 jersey & shorts, #3 jersey & shorts, #4 jersey and shorts.
- Men’s Soccer: Brent Deagle #8, Dylan Lowry, Cameron Glover #14, Tyler Laird #4, Trevor Wheeler #3, Marcus Miller #21, Michael Vanderswaag #15.
- Women’s Soccer: Sarah Somers, Jory Donavon #16, Sarah McFarish #2, Leah Jordan #10, Samara Blakeney #17, Alanna VanWiechen #14, Sarah Visser #13, Emma MacDonald #9, Bailie Campbell #12, Mia Levesque #11, Michaela McSwain #8, Alisha MacDonald #5, Kristen Whiteway #18, Sierra MacDonald, Sarah Benoit.
- Women’s Volleyball: Emma Nabuurs #4, Tanisha Victor #6, Allee Gallant #3, Cassie McLean #9, Christina Rose #12, Emily Evans #14.
- Field Hockey: Ali White #18, Hope Higginbotham #3, Morganne Rice #17, Amanda Gormley #4, Maddy Delodder, Amy MacKenzie #7, Chloe Chapman #5, Alyssa Ferguson #13, MeganWalsh #17, Hannah Bormley #6, Deanna Morris #9, Mikayla McGuirk #14, Bethany MacKenzie #8, Jojo Orsatti #11.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings Wrestling and Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 – 5:00 at Montague Consolidated School.
- “Featured Literary Mustache of the day” goes to George Orwell. The bristly Orwell milk mustache is a classic! Please check out the new library display case for further info on the best Literary Mustaches of all time! Love it? Have you ever wanted to put money in a moustache? Support Movember by making a donation in the library!
- Have a suggestion for a great book? Mrs. Killeen is putting in an order…get your suggestions into the mailbox in the library.
Hope After Haiyan:
- MRHS hosts “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show. Students of MRHS will showcase their talents in efforts to raise funds for those affected by Typhoon Haiyan. Come on out Tuesday, November 26, at 7:00 pm to the Cafeteria for this great cause! Admission is only $5 at the door, but additional donations are gladly accepted. See you there!
- What’s your talent? We’re looking for students to showcase their talent in the “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show. All those interested should sign up on the sheet on the music room door ASAP! There will be a meeting on Tuesday at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room for all interested.
- Volunteers are needed to help out with the “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show on November 26. All interested should talk to Lisa Morrison by November 21.
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $48 during lunch until November 29. After that time, you will need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price goes up to $50 on Dec.1 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions!
- Payment by cash or cheque will be accepted. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please visit the school’s website www.montaguehigh.wordpress.com and click on the Yearbook Orders link and follow the directions.
- Please note that special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons are available for an extra charge. See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for more information about these features. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- If you do not order a yearbook, you will not get one when they arrive in June!
- Hospital Volunteer Program mandatory training will take place on the next three Thursdays (starting Nov.21) from 3:30-4:45 (approx) at the Hospital. If you have any questions, please see Mr Conohan.
- Upcoming University Visitations. Sessions will take place in the Library Conference Room.
- Monday, November 25: Western University of Toronto, 1:45-3:00pm
- Wednesday, November 27, Dalhousie, 9:15-10:15am
- Students must sign up at Student Services and if attending a session during class time, they must have their teacher’s permission in advance.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game will be on November 19 when Grade 12 Boys play Shafts of Death.