It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Dean Lackie for Jonathan Hayes (am), and Janet MacDougall-Turner for Charlie Trainor.
Happy Birthday to: Geneva Cahill and Emma MacDonald.
Highlights for Today:
- Reps from UNB St. John are here today from 9:00 to10:00am. Students who have their teachers’ permission to miss class are welcome to attend this session in the Library Conference Room.
- Student Council Bake Sale today in the Cafeteria!
- School Photos: The deadline for retake orders is today at noon. Please submit to Mrs. Killeen.
- JAM will be meeting in Learning Centre B today at 11:45. Bring your lunch!
- Culinary class is serving a meal today which includes garden salad, lasagna, homemade garlic bread, home-made vanilla ice cream, and cherry soda. Cost is $8.
- The first STRIVE meeting will take place today at noon in the seminar room in the Library Conference Room. Interested students are asked to sign up at student services. Lunch will be provided.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- Students interested in doing scorekeeping for home basketball games should give their names to Ms. Dowd, William McGuigan, or Morgan Campbell. Rate is $10 per game.
- All fall athletes must return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd this week! See below for a listing…
- Men’s Volleyball: Mark Morrison #13, Jake Banks #8, Tristen Dawson #9, David Thompson #10, Cody Fitzpatrick, Anthony McGuigan #2, Tynan Murphy, #12 jersey & shorts, #3 jersey & shorts, #4 jersey and shorts.
- Men’s Soccer: Brent Deagle #8, Dylan Lowry, Cameron Glover #14, Tyler Laird #4, Trevor Wheeler #3, Marcus Miller #21, Michael Vanderswaag #15.
- Women’s Soccer: Sarah Somers, Jory Donavon #16, Sarah McFarish #2, Leah Jordan #10, Samara Blakeney #17, Alanna VanWiechen #14, Sarah Visser #13, Emma MacDonald #9, Bailie Campbell #12, Mia Levesque #11, Michaela McSwain #8, Alisha MacDonald #5, Kristen Whiteway #18, Sierra MacDonald, Sarah Benoit.
- Women’s Volleyball: Emma Nabuurs #4, Tanisha Victor #6, Zoe Farish #10, Allee Gallant #3, Cassie McLean #9, Christina Rose #12, Emily Evans #14.
- Field Hockey: Ali White #18, Hope Higginbotham #3, Billie MacKay #20, Morganne Rice #17, Amanda Gormley #4, Maddy Delodder, Amy MacKenzie #7, Chloe Chapman #5, Alyssa Ferguson #13, MeganWalsh #17, Hannah Bormley #6, Deanna Morris #9, Mikayla McGuirk #14, Bethany MacKenzie #8, Jojo Orsatti #11.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- MRHS Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:00 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- “Featured Literary Mustache of the day” goes to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Think of Doyle’s mustachioed baritsu martial artists, and the Sherlock Holmes writer and his mega handlebar stache take on a whole new level of awesome! Please check out the new library display case for further info on the best Literary Mustaches of all time! Love it? Support Movember by making a donation in the library!
- Have a suggestion for a great book? Mrs. Killeen is putting in an order…get your suggestions into the mailbox in the library.
Hope After Haiyan:
- MRHS hosts “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show. Students of MRHS will showcase their talents in efforts to raise funds for those affected by Typhoon Haiyan. Come on out Tuesday, November 26, at 7:00 pm to the Cafeteria for this great cause! Admission is only $5 at the door, but additional donations are gladly accepted. See you there!
- What’s your talent? We’re looking for students to showcase their talent in the “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show. All those interested should sign up on the sheet on the music room door ASAP! There will be a meeting next Tuesday at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room for all interested.
- Volunteers are needed to help out with the “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show on November 26. All interested should talk to Lisa Morrison by November 21.
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $48 during lunch until November 29. After that time, you will need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price goes up to $50 on Dec.1 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions!
- Payment by cash or cheque will be accepted. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please visit the school’s website www.montaguehigh.wordpress.com and click on the Yearbook Orders link and follow the directions.
- Please note that special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons are available for an extra charge. See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for more information about these features. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- If you do not order a yearbook, you will not get one when they arrive in June!
- Hospital Volunteer Program mandatory training will take place on the next three Thursdays from 3:30-4:45 (approx) at the Hospital. If you have any questions or concerns, please see Mr Conohan.
- Upcoming University Visitations. Sessions will take place in the library seminar room.
- Monday, November 18: Acadia – noon
- Monday, November 25: Western University of Toronto, 1:45-3:00pm
- Wednesday, November 27, Dalhousie, 9:15-10:15am
- Students must sign up at Student Services and if attending a session during class time, they must have their teacher’s permission in advance.
- Crandall University is hosting an Open House in the atrium of Stultz Hall on the afternoon of Saturday, November 16. For more information, call 1-888-968-6228, email at email@example.com, tweet@ crandallu or visit website at 111.crandallu.ca.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game will be on November 19 when Grade 12 Boys play Shafts of Death.