It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Janet MacDougall-Turner for Michael Brothers (am), and Zak Likely for Mary Ellen Lowther (am) and Angela Killeen (pm).
Happy Birthday to: Chloe Gillis.
Highlights for Today:
- All Spirit Leaders have a meeting in the music room at 11:45 today.
- Debate Club will meet today at 12:00 in Room 211.
- The Men’s Volleyball team picture will be taken today at afternoon break. Please be in the gym and have your uniforms on by 1:50pm. Thanks!
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- Today’s Intramural Dodgeball Game: The Balls of Fury play Target Practice.
- All athletic uniforms must be returned ASAP. Uniforms can be returned to Ms. Dowd any time or to the uniform room at break today.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- MRHS Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:00 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- “Featured Literary Mustache of the day” goes to Rudyard Kipling who said, “Being kissed by a man who didn’t wax his mustache was like eating an egg without salt.” Please check out the new library display case for further info on the best Literary Mustaches of all time! Love it? Support Movember by making a donation in the library!
- Have a suggestion for a great book? Mrs. Killeen is putting in an order…get your suggestions into the mailbox in the library.
Hope After Haiyan:
- MRHS hosts “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show. Students of MRHS will showcase their talents in efforts to raise for those affected by Typhoon Haiyan. Come on out Tuesday, November 26, at 7:00 pm to the Cafeteria for this great cause! Admission is only $5 at the door, but additional donations are gladly accepted. See you there!
- What’s your talent? We’re looking for students to showcase their talent in the “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show. All those interested should sign up on the sheet on the music room door ASAP! There will be a meeting next Tuesday at 11:45 in the Library Conference Room for all interested.
- Volunteers are needed to help out with the “Hope After Haiyan” Variety Show on November 26. All interested should talk to Lisa Morrison by November 21.
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $48 during lunch until November 29. After that time, you will need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price goes up to $50 on Dec.1 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions!
- Payment by cash or cheque will be accepted. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please visit the school’s website www.montaguehigh.wordpress.com and click on the Yearbook Orders link and follow the directions.
- Please note that special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons are available for an extra charge. See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for more information about these features. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- If you do not order a yearbook, you will not get one when they arrive in June!
- Congrats to all the Grade 11 and 12 students who submitted applications to Mr. Conohan for the Hospital Volunteer Program! Mandatory training will take place on the next three Thursdays from 3:30-4:45 (approx) starting next Thursday, Nov.21, at the Hospital. If you have any questions or concerns please see Mr Conohan.
- The first STRIVE meeting will take place on Friday at noon in the seminar room in the Library Conference Room. Interested students are asked to sign up at student services. Lunch will be provided.
- Upcoming University Visitations. Sessions will take place in the library seminar room.
- Friday, November 15: UNB St. John, 9:00-10:00am
- Monday, November 18: Acadia – noon
- Monday, November 25: Western University of Toronto, 1:45-3:00pm
- Wednesday, November 27, Dalhousie, 9:15-10:15am
- Students must sign up at Student Services and if attending a session during class time, they must have their teacher’s permission in advance.
- Crandall University is hosting an Open House in the atrium of Stultz Hall on the afternoon of Saturday, November 16. For more information, call 1-888-968-6228, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet@ crandallu or visit website at 111.crandallu.ca.
- Student Council Bake Sale on November 15 in the Cafeteria!
- School Photos: The deadline for retake orders is Friday, November 15, at noon. Please submit to Mrs. Killeen’s mailbox.
- There will be Here Comes Treble rehearsal on Friday at 7:30 am.
- JAM will be meeting in Learning Centre B on Friday at 11:45. Bring your lunch!
- Friday’s Culinary Meal includes garden salad, lasagna, homemade garlic bread, home-made vanilla ice cream, and cherry soda. Book your meal at the ticket booth at the main lobby. Cost is $8.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game will be on November 19 when Grade 12 Boys play Shafts of Death.