It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Taylor Johnson for Natasha Dowd, and Drew Melnick for Gail Greene (am).
Happy Birthday to: Olivia Frankfurt and Morgan McHerron.
Highlights for Today:
- There is a Grad Class Committee meeting today at 12:00 in Room 119.
- There will be a SAVE meeting in Room 113 at 11:50. Be there.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- All athletic uniforms must be returned ASAP. Uniforms can be returned to Ms. Dowd any time or to the uniform room at break today.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- MRHS Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:00 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- “Nothing is pleasanter than exploring a library.” (Walter Savage Landor) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- Please check out the new library display case: Best Literary Mustaches of all time! Love it? Support Movember by making a donation in the library!
- Have a suggestion for a great book? Mrs. Killeen is putting in an order…get your suggestions into the mailbox in the library.
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $48 during lunch until November 29. After that time, you will need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price goes up to $50 on Dec.1 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions!
- Payment by cash or cheque will be accepted. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please visit the school’s website www.montaguehigh.wordpress.com and click on the Yearbook Orders link and follow the directions.
- Please note that special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons are available for an extra charge. See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for more information about these features. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- If you do not order a yearbook, you will not get one when they arrive in June!
- The first STRIVE meeting will take place on Friday at noon in the seminar room in the Library Conference Room. Interested students are asked to sign up at student services. Lunch will be provided.
- Upcoming University Visitations. Sessions will take place in the library seminar room.
- Friday, November 15: UNB St. John, 9:00-10:00am
- Monday, November 18: Acadia – noon
- Monday, November 25: Western University of Toronto, 1:45-3:00pm
- Wednesday, November 27, Dalhousie, 9:15-10:15am
- Students must sign up at Student Services and if attending a session during class time, they must have their teacher’s permission in advance.
- Crandall University is hosting an Open House in the atrium of Stultz Hall on the after of Saturday, November 16. For more information, call 1-888-968-6228, email at email@example.com, tweet@ crandallu or visit website at 111.crandallu.ca.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game will be on November 14 when the Balls of Fury play Target Practice.
- There will be a Chrispie and the Squares rehearsal on Thursday morning at 7:30 am.
- All Spirit Leaders have a meeting in the music room at 11:45 on Thursday.
- Debate Club will meet tomorrow at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Student Council Bake Sale on November 15 in the Cafeteria!
- School Photos: The deadline for retake orders is Friday, November 15, at noon. Please submit to Mrs. Killeen’s mailbox.
- There will be Here Comes Treble rehearsal on Friday at 7:30 am.
- JAM will be meeting in Learning Centre B on Friday at 11:45. Bring your lunch!
- Friday’s Culinary Meal includes garden salad, lasagna, homemade garlic bread, home-made vanilla ice cream, and cherry soda. Book your meal at the ticket booth at the main lobby. Cost is $8.