It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod (pm) and Zak Likely for Heidi Hayden-Ward.
Happy Birthday to: Lisa Morrison. Happy belated birthday to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Steven Hicken, Brent Walker, and Tynan Murphy.
Highlights for Today:
- Student Interim Reports which were not picked up during last week’s parent teacher interviews are being sent home today with students. Home room teachers are distributing these reports.
- There will be a meeting for all of the female members of the Disney Choir this morning at first break in Learning Centre B.
- There is choir after school today from 3:30-5:00pm. New members are welcome!
- Congratulations to Darren Martin who submitted the name of “Headquarters” for our Student Store. Headquarters was the popular choice of the voting students, and Darren was awarded with a Subway gift card for his winning submission.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- Today in Intramural Dodgeball: Wrecking Balls play Target Practice
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- MRHS Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:00 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- “Libraries are reservoirs of strength, grace and wit, reminders of order, calm and continuity, lakes of mental energy, neither warm nor cold, light nor dark…. In any library in the world, I am at home, unselfconscious, still and absorbed.” (Germaine Greer) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- Movember Campaign: Gently used books are on sale for as low as $2, in the library. All monetary donations will go towards the MRHS Library Movember campaign! If you have any books you would like to donate for this cause, please see Mrs. Killeen. Donations of any amount can also be placed in the moustache bank in the library! Thank you for your support!
- New Scholastic book orders for November have arrived and are in the Library. Orders will be taken all month! Holiday flyers are available too!
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $48 during lunch from November 12 to 29. After that time, you will need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price goes up to $50 on Dec.1 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions!
- Payment by cash or cheque will be accepted. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please visit the school’s website www.montaguehigh.wordpress.com and click on the Yearbook Orders link and follow the directions.
- Please note that special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons are available for an extra charge. See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for more information about these features. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- If you do not order a yearbook, you will not get one when they arrive in June!
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game will be on November 14 when the Balls of Fury play Target Practice.
- Student Council Bake Sale on November 15 in the Cafeteria!
- School Photos: The deadline for retake orders is Friday, November 15, at noon. Please submit to Mrs. Killeen’s mailbox.
- Choir: tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. New members are welcome!
- There will be a Chrispie and the Squares rehearsal on Thursday morning at 7:30 am.
- There will be Here Comes Treble rehearsal on Friday at 7:30 am.
- All Spirit Leaders have a meeting in the music room at 11:45 on Thursday.
- JAM will be meeting in Learning Centre B on Friday at 11:45. Bring your lunch!