It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: John Smither for Trisha Burrows, Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson, Glenda Kohli for Craig Conohan, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod (am), and Wanda Cheverie for Pauline Kelly (pm).
Highlights for Today:
- Homeroom Teachers: Mrs. Killeen has placed a few copies of the “Canada Remembers” newspaper for your class to share over the next few days! Original school picture orders have been returned and are in mailboxes. Late orders have not arrived yet. Retake proofs are also in your mailboxes. The deadline for these orders is next Friday, November 15, at noon. Please submit to Mrs. Killeen’s mailbox.
- This is the last call for Postcards for Peace! Please visit the library to fill out your card by 11:30 am this morning. Mrs. Killeen will be delivering them this weekend! Thanks to all those classes and individuals who have participated so far! It means so much to our veterans!
- JAM (Jesus at Montague) will be meeting in Learning Centre B today. All are welcome! Bring your lunch!
- Readers’ Circle will meet in the library conference room at 12:05 today! Current read is Sweetness at the Bottom of Pie by Allan Bradley!
- BYOB! Bring your own banana to the Cafeteria today and make a sundae/banana split for $3.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- The MRHS Athlete of the Week is Maddie Sibbick. Maddie had personal best lifts in bench press and the dead lift, where she lifted 225 lbs.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Tristan Dawson. Tristan was recognized by his team as being the best middle hitter, blocker, overall defensive player and team MVP. He was named to the provincial league all star team last week.
- Today in Intramural Dodgeball: Target Practice play the Wrecking Balls
- All fall athletes who still have uniforms must return them to Ms. Dowd this week!
- Women’s Basketball practice schedule for this week:
- Thursday: 5:30-7:30 pm
- Friday: 1-3 pm
- Men’s Basketball practice for this week:
- Thursday: 3:30-5:30 pm
- Friday: 3:30-5:30 pm
- Saturday: 12-2 pm
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- MRHS Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:00 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- “My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.” (Peter Colkin) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- Movember Campaign: Gently used books are on sale for as low as $2, in the library. All monetary donations will go towards the MRHS Library Movember campaign! If you have any books you would like to donate for this cause, please see Mrs. Killeen. Donations of any amount can also be placed in the moustache bank in the library! Thank you for your support!
- Check out the new Library Blog for frequent updates, contests, research links and so much more!
- New Scholastic book orders for November have arrived and are in the Library. Orders will be taken all month! Holiday flyers are available too!
- PEICOD in partnership with the PEI Aerospace Association are holding an information session on training and employment in the Aerospace Industry on Wednesday, November 13, at the Rural Action Centre in Montague, starting at 1pm.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game will be on November 12 when the Wrecking Balls play Target Practice.
- Student Council Bake Sale on November 15 in the Cafeteria!
- Kick off wrestling camp at MRHS on November 15 with former national team member and high performance coach Clint Kingsbury. $20 for Wrestling PEI members, $30 for non-members. See Ms. Dowd or Ms. Morrison for more information.