It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Karen Malone, John Smither for Trisha Burrows, and Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins.
Happy Birthday to: Dennon Dixon, Bailey Jackson, Dawson McCarthy, and Mr. Ronnie Munn.
Highlights for Today:
- The Cafeteria will be closed during morning break today.
- Students who missed Ms. Trainor’s Chem Lab on Friday will need to meet in the Chem Lab today at 11:43am to complete the lab.
- Those student who missed Mr. Trainor’s BIO521 test will write today at 11:43am in Room 131. Those students who need to complete the Agriscience soil lab will do this today at 11:43am.
- There will be Block meetings for Peer Helpers today.
- There will be a SAVE meeting today at 11:50 in the Library Conference Room.
- The Debate Club will meet today at 3:15 in Room 211.
- Miss Potential will meet in the gym area after school today. Remember to bring your gym clothing.
- Postcards for Peace: Any students preparing postcards are reminded that they must be returned to Mrs. Killeen in the Library today.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- The MRHS Athlete of the Week is Maddie Sibbick. Maddie had personal best lifts in bench press and the dead lift, where she lifted 225 lbs.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Tristan Dawson. Tristan was recognized by his team as being the best middle hitter, blocker, overall defensive player and team MVP. He was named to the provincial league all star team last week.
- Men’s Basketball will meet in Mr. Munn’s room for today’s video and information session. Those trying out for this year’s team should be there by 3:50 so we can get started promptly at 4pm.
- All fall athletes who still have uniforms must return them to Ms. Dowd this week!
- Women’s Basketball practice schedule for this week:
- Wednesday: 3:30-5:30 pm
- Thursday: 5:30-7:30 pm
- Friday: 1-3 pm
- Men’s Basketball practice for this week:
- Wednesday: 4-6 pm
- Thursday: 3:30-5:30 pm
- Friday: 3:30-5:30 pm
- Saturday: 12-2 pm
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- MRHS Wrestling practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:00 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- “Librarians have always been among the most thoughtful and helpful people. They are teachers without a classroom.” (Willard Scott) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- The following students have overdue magazines: Blake Jesso, Peter Konstankis and Andrea Smith. Please return the items to the library.
- Movember Campaign: Gently used books are on sale for as low as $2, in the library. All monetary donations will go towards the MRHS Library Movember campaign! If you have any books you would like to donate for this cause, please see Mrs. Killeen. Donations of any amount can also be placed in the moustache bank in the library! Thank you for your support!
- Check out the new Library Blog for frequent updates, contests, research links and so much more!
- New Scholastic book orders for November have arrived and are in the Library. Orders will be taken all month! Holiday flyers are available too!
- Student Life Network, in collaboration with CIBC, is currently offering a $20,000 award to help a current Canadian student pay for school. The award is not merit based, is open to all students 16+, and it is free to apply. In addition to the $20,000 for school it contains a whole host of other awards that make a student¹s life easier. Students can register to win the scholarship at: http://bit.ly/19YYoI3
- PEICOD in partnership with the PEI Aerospace Association are holding an information session on training and employment in the Aerospace Industry on Wednesday, November 13, at the Rural Action Centre in Montague, starting at 1pm.
- JAM (Jesus at Montague) will be meeting in Learning Centre B on Thursday for this week only. All are welcome! Bring your lunch!
- Readers’ Circle will meet in the Library Conference Room on Thursday at 12:05. If you missed the last meetings and would like a copy of the book we’re reading, please stop by the library this week and ask Mrs. Killeen for a copy of Sweetness at the Bottom of Pie by Alan Bradley.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game will be on November 7 when Target Practice play the Wrecking Balls.
- BYOB! Bring your own banana on November 7. Make a sundae for $3 in the Cafeteria.
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for this Thursday from 6:00 to 8:30pm and on Friday from 9:00am to 12:00 noon and from 1:00 to 3:00pm.
- Bake Sale on November 15 in the Cafeteria!
- Students who registered for the Youth Summit on Stop Cyber-bullying this Saturday, Nov. 9, please pick-up a Media Release Form at the office. Note: This form MUST be signed and returned BEFORE attending the Summit as it is being webcast.
- Kick off wrestling camp at MRHS on November 15 with former national team member and high performance coach Clint Kingsbury. $20 for Wrestling PEI members, $30 for non-members. See Ms. Dowd or Ms. Morrison for more information.