It’s a “C-D” Day !
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Amy MacPherson for Jared Cheverie, Jillian Power for Angela Killeen, Taylor Johnson for Chantelle Beaton, Donna White for Anne MacKinnon, Jennifer Yorston for Gail Johnston, Katherine MacKenzie for Alana Trainor, Zak Likely for Matt Killeen, Mike Hambly for Christie Beck, Andrew Murchison for Natasha Dowd (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson (am) and Dawn Martell (pm).
Happy Birthday to Patrick Cuddy. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: John Duncan, Cassie MacLeod and Jenny McCarron.
Highlights for Today:
- Parent Council will be meeting this evening at 6:00pm in the Library Conference room.
- Envirothon: Both teams to meet in Room 129 at 12 noon.
- Postcards for Peace is a learning activity in which youth send messages of thanks to those who served and those who continue to serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace. You can order Postcards for Peace free of charge from Veterans Affairs Canada. If students wish to send a postcard to a veteran, the Library will cover the cost of the postage. Postcards should contain an appropriate message and no personal information should be shared. Please get your postcard in the Library and return it by Wednesday, November 6. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- Congratulations to the following student-athletes on their selection to the Provincial All Star teams:
- Alyssa Ferguson – Field Hockey League All Star
- Hannah Gormley – Field Hockey League All Star
- Amy MacKenzie – Field Hockey League All Star
- Morganne Rice – Field Hockey Provincials All Star
- Jessie McCarthy – Field Hockey Provincials All Star
- Cassie MacLean – Volleyball 1st Team League All Star
- Tristan Dawson – Volleyball 2nd Team League All Star
- Tyler Deagle – Soccer League All Star
- Women’s Basketball team will meet on Monday at 5:30pm, Tuesday at 3:30pm, and Wednesday at 5:30pm.
- Men’s Volleyball is at Bluefield in quarterfinal action at 5 pm tonight. Bus will depart at 2:45 pm. Good luck, Vikings!
- MRHS Wrestling starts today. Practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:00 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- Students interested in participating in a U16 badminton tournament on November 24 should see the flyer on the bulletin board in the PE area or Ms. Dowd for more information.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- “Being a writer in a library is rather like being a eunuch in a harem.” (John Braine) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- Check out the new Library Blog for frequent updates, contests, research links and so much more!
- Congratulations to Michelle MacLennan, Liam Hatton, and Trent McGuigan for claiming 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize in the Pinteresting Mason Jar contest, by correctly identifying the two books My Sister’s Keeper and Memory Keeper’s Daughter.
- Winners of the 1st Annual Pet Contest are: Ms. Pike ($15 Gift Card), Lisa Morrison ($10 Gift Card), and Patrick Martens ($5 Gift Card). Honourable mention to Ms. Lowther and Ms. Anderson who also submitted wonderful photos. Disclaimer: Not pets were harmed in this process.
- New Scholastic book orders for November have arrived and are in the Library. Orders will be taken all month! Holiday flyers are available too!
- Student Life Network, in collaboration with CIBC, is currently offering a $20,000 award to help a current Canadian student pay for school. The award is not merit based, is open to all students 16+, and it is free to apply. In addition to the $20,000 for school it contains a whole host of other awards that make a student¹s life easier. Students can register to win the scholarship at: http://bit.ly/19YYoI3
- Students who missed Ms. Trainor’s Chem Lab on Friday will need to meet in the Chem Lab on Wednesday at 11:43am to complete the lab.
- JAM (Jesus at Montague) will be meeting in Learning Centre B on Thursday for this week only. All are welcome! Bring your lunch!
- There will be a SAVE meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday at 11:50 in the Library Conference Room.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball game will be on November 5, when the Grade 12 Boys play Shafts of Death.
- BYOB! Bring your own banana on November 7. Make a sundae for $3 in the Cafeteria.
- Dr. Parry Aftab is hosting an International Stop Cyberbullying Youth Summit on November 9 in Charlottetown. There is no cost for students and parents/guardians accompanying them. You can register or learn more about the Summit at youthsummit.stopcyberbullying.org.
- Bake Sale on November 15 in the Cafeteria!
- Kick off wrestling camp at MRHS on November 15 with former national team member and high performance coach Clint Kingsbury. $20 for Wrestling PEI members, $30 for non-members. See Ms. Dowd or Ms. Morrison for more information.