It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Zak Likely for Kim Mason, Andrew Murchison for Tim Lea, and Katherine MacKenzie for Heidi Hayden-Ward (pm).
Highlights for Today:
- The Oceanography field trip is cancelled today.
- Readers’ Circle will meet today at 12:05. Come out! Group is reading Sweetness at the Bottom of Pie by Alan Bradley.
- Envirothon Meeting for both teams at 12 noon in Room 129.
- All guys who are planning on growing their facial hair for “Movember”, please go to the yearbook office during A Block or see Sabryna Schurman at some point during the day to have your “before” picture taken.
- Postcards for Peace is a learning activity in which youth send messages of thanks to those who served and those who continue to serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace. You can order Postcards for Peace free of charge from Veterans Affairs Canada. If students wish to send a postcard to a veteran, the Library will cover the cost of the postage. Postcards should contain an appropriate message and no personal information should be shared. Please get your postcard in the Library and return it by Wednesday, November 6. See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Contest: Name the school store! Stop by to put your suggestion into the Ballot Box. You could win a Subway Card.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- There will be a brief but very important meeting for anyone planning to attend tryouts for this year’s Men’s Basketball team. If you are serious about ball, you will be at this meeting!! The meeting will begin at 11:50am in Mr. Munn’s classroom.
- Make-up Game Today in Intramural Dodgeball: the Wrecking Balls play the Balls of Fury.
- Try-outs for the Men’s Basketball team will begin this weekend, Saturday, from 12:00 to 2:30pm.
- Students interested in participating in a U16 badminton tournament on November 24 should see the flyer on the bulletin board in the PE area or Ms. Dowd for more information.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- “A great library is one nobody notices because it is always there, and always has what people need.” (Vicki Myron) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- Pinteresting Mason Jar Contest Clue: The form of the word “keep” is found in the title of both shredded books.
- Check out the new Library Blog for frequent updates, contests, research links and so much more!!!
- New Scholastic book orders for November have arrived and are in the Library. Orders will be taken all month! Holiday flyers are available too!
- Student Life Network, in collaboration with CIBC, is currently offering a $20,000 award to help a current Canadian student pay for school. The award is not merit based, is open to all students 16+, and it is free to apply. In addition to the $20,000 for school it contains a whole host of other awards that make a student¹s life easier. Students can register to win the scholarship at: http://bit.ly/19YYoI3
- Next Intramural Dodgeball game will be on November 5, when the Grade 12 Boys play Shafts of Death.
- BYOB! Bring your own banana on November 7. Make a sundae for $3 in the Cafeteria.
- Bake Sale on November 15 in the Cafeteria!
- MRHS Wrestling starts on Monday, November 4. Practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- Kick off wrestling camp at MRHS on November 15 with former national team member and high performance coach Clint Kingsbury. $20 for Wrestling PEI members, $30 for non-members. See Ms. Dowd or Ms. Morrison for more information.