It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Kim Mason, Mike Hambly for Craig Conohan, Katherine MacKenzie for Karen Malone and Donna White for Sharon Anderson (A Block).
Highlights for Today:
- Today’s Library Trivia Question: How many books (fiction and non-fiction) has Stephen King published? Please write your answer on the paper provided outside the library and place the answer in the library book return box. Ballots will be available starting at break and at lunch time…no ballots during class time. Winner will be announced at the end of each day. The winner will be determined from a random draw of all correct answers.
- Jazz Band is cancelled today because of volleyball and soccer playoffs.
- SAVE students are reminded that there will be a meeting today at lunch. Remember to meet in Room 85 at 11:50.
- Envirothon meeting for both teams today at 12:00 noon in Room 129.
- Grad Committee meeting at 12:00 noon in Room 119.
- Miss Potential will be meeting today after school in the gym area. Please remember to bring your gym clothes. Any girls wishing to join are welcome.
- Join us here tonight for ‘The Haunting of MRHS’. From 7:00 through 9:00, your school will be taken over by ghouls and creeps, and you will have the opportunity to walk through the school and experience it all for yourself! Admission is by donation, with proceeds going to the food bank.
- Contest: Name the school store! Stop by to put your suggestion into the Ballot Box. You could win a Subway Card. There are only 25 CSLC T-Shirts left and they are selling 2 for $2.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
Attention All Students: You are invited to participate in an online survey for this year’s yearbook! The questions and answers will be included in the book and if you complete the survey you will be entered to win a $10 Tim Horton’s gift card. This survey only takes a minute! Please go to http://surveys.yearbookavenue.jostens.com/s/random
- Today in Dodgeball Action, rescheduled from Tuesday: Target Practice vs Balls of Fury.
- Today’s Home Game: Men’s Volleyball play Bluefield at 5:30 pm
- Today’s Playoff Games:
- Field hockey takes on Charlottetown Rural in the gold medal game tonight at UPEI at 6 pm. Come out in your red and black and cheer them to victory!
- Women’s soccer team travels to Colonel Gray for semifinal action at 4 pm tonight. Team members are asked to meet in Room 84 at 12:00 noon. Bus will depart at 2 pm.
- Women’s volleyball team takes on Westisle in quarterfinal action at 5 pm tonight. Bus will depart at 1:30 pm.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- “The standard library saves programmers from having to reinvent the wheel.” (Byarne Stroustrup) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- It’s Library Week. There are tons of great things happening! Check out posters and announcements daily.
- Pinteresting Mason Jar Contest: Clue #2 – These books both have female authors.
- The Library will not be open after school on Thursday, October 31. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Deadline for October Scholastic book orders is Thursday, October 31. Get your money and orders in to Mrs. Killeen.
- Any students who are interested in applying to be a volunteer at the Kings County Memorial Hospital or the Riverview Manor should see Mr. Conohan ASAP. Application forms are due back to him by Wednesday, October 30.
- UNB will be hosting an information session and admission on the spot event at the Delta Hotel in Charlottetown on November 12, starting at 7:00pm. Any students planning on attending should pick up a transcript from Mr. Conohan at student services and take it to the event if they want to be considered for early admission.
- Debate Club will meet Thursday from 3:15 until 4:00 in Room 211.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball game will be on October 31, when the Wrecking Balls play the Balls of Fury.
- This week’s Culinary meal includes broccoli salad, pumpkin dinner rolls, spaghetti and eyeballs, purple potion lemonade, worms and dirt pudding and witch finger cookies. Sounds frightfully yummy! Sign up at the ticket booth; price is $8. Those who pre-pay get served first: 11:50am on Thursday, in Room 136.
- Powerlifters will be at Kinkora this Friday for a meet (all day).
- MRHS Wrestling starts on Monday, November 4. Practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- Kick off wrestling camp at MRHS on November 15 with former national team member and high performance coach Clint Kingsbury. $20 for Wrestling PEI members, $30 for non-members. See Ms. Dowd or Ms. Morrison for more information.