It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Katherine MacKenzie for Karen Malone, Jennifer Yorston for Gail Greene, Dean Lackie for Charlie Trainor, Donna White for Angela Killeen (pm), Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Highlights for Today:
- Brazilian Dance club is on today in room 10 (Music Room) at 12 noon. New members are welcome!
- Today’s Library Trivia Question: How many fiction books are in our Library? Please write your answer on the paper provided outside the library and place the answer in the library book return box. Ballots will be available starting at break and at lunch time…no ballots during class time. Winner will be announced at the end of each day. The winner will be determined from a random draw of all correct answers.
- Lifetouch Retakes will be taken today, in the morning only.
- SAVE students are reminded that there will be meetings at lunch, both today and tomorrow. Remember to meet in Room 85 at 11:50.
- Contest: Name the school store! Stop by to put your suggestion into the Ballot Box. You could win a Subway Card. There are only 25 CSLC T-Shirts left and they are selling 2 for $2.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
Attention All Students: You are invited to participate in an online survey for this year’s yearbook! The questions and answers will be included in the book and if you complete the survey you will be entered to win a $10 Tim Horton’s gift card. This survey only takes a minute! Please go to http://surveys.yearbookavenue.jostens.com/s/random
- Today in Dodgeball Action: the Average Joes play the Shafts of Death.
- Congratulations to the ladies soccer team who won their Quarter-final soccer game last night 3-2 over Evangeline. Emma MacDonald scored 2 goals to lead the victory!
- Congratulations to the ladies field hockey team for winning their semi-final game against Colonel Gray. Morganne Rice scored the winning goal with less than 1 minute remaining in the game. Jessie McCarthy played awesome in goal. The team will play Charlottetown Rural Wednesday, Oct. 30, 6pm at the UPEI turf. Good Luck ladies!
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- “The standard library saves programmers from having to reinvent the wheel.” (Byarne Stroustrup) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- It’s Library Week. There are tons of great things happening! Check out posters and announcements daily.
- Pinteresting Mason Jar Contest: (Tuesday’s clue) Both books are found in the fiction section of the Library.
- The Library will not be open after school on Thursday, October 31. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Deadline for October Scholastic book orders is Thursday, October 31. Get your money and orders in to Mrs. Killeen.
- Any students who are interested in applying to be a volunteer at the Kings County Memorial Hospital or the Riverview Manor should see Mr. Conohan ASAP. Application forms are due back to him by Wednesday, October 30.
- UNB will be hosting an information session and admission on the spot event at the Delta Hotel in Charlottetown on November 12, starting at 7:00pm. Any students planning on attending should pick up a transcript from Mr. Conohan at student services and take it to the event if they want to be considered for early admission.
- A reminder to all SAVE students that there will be meetings at lunch on both Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. Remember to meet in Room 85 at 11:50.
- Debate Club will meet Thursday from 3:15 until 4:00 in Room 211.
- A reminder to all girls, Miss Potential will be meeting tomorrow after school in the gym area. Please remember to bring your gym clothes. Any girls wishing to join can come tomorrow as well.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball game will be on October 31, when the Wrecking Balls play the Balls of Fury.
- Come to the high school on Wednesday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm and experience “The Haunting of MRHS”. For the first time ever, explore the haunted halls of the school, be scared by a collection of creeps, and have a great night with friends. Admission is by donation and profits are going to the Food Bank.
- This week’s Culinary meal includes broccoli salad, pumpkin dinner rolls, spaghetti and eyeballs, purple potion lemonade, worms and dirt pudding and witch finger cookies. Sounds frightfully yummy! Sign up at the ticket booth; price is $8. Those who pre-pay get served first: 11:50am on Thursday, in Room 136.
- Powerlifters will be at Kinkora this Friday for a meet (all day).
- MRHS Wrestling starts on Monday, November 4. Practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- Kick off wrestling camp at MRHS on November 15 with former national team member and high performance coach Clint Kingsbury. $20 for Wrestling PEI members, $30 for non-members. See Ms. Dowd or Ms. Morrison for more information.