It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Jonathan Hayes, Zak Likely for Mary Ellen Lwother, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
Excited for Hallowe’en? Come out to the “Field of Screams” in Eldon tonight and tomorrow. Admission is $10 per person; funds go to MRHS Disney Choir. Hours are from 7:00 to 11:00pm.
Cross Country Highlights: The Cross Country team competed very well at the Provincial Meet yesterday. Mr. Killeen would like to thank all runners for a great showing. Top finishers were:
- Amanda Gormley, Juvenile Women
- Michael VanderSwaag, Juvenile Men
- Alanna VanWiechen, Senior Women
- William Henbest, Senior Men
Highlights for Today:
- Homeroom teachers: Please post the orange Library Week contest sheet (in mailboxes) and share with students. Contest starts next Monday!
- Are you interested in Readers’ Circle? Stop by the Library at 12:05 on Friday, October 25. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- SAVE will be meeting today at 11:50 in the conference room of the Library.
- Do you want to become a healthier you? If you answered “yes” to that question, we have the club just for you! Any girls interested in joining are asked to attend a meeting in Ms. MacLeod’s Room (Room 85) today at 12:00 noon. Girls only!
- Contest: Name the school store! Stop by to put your suggestion into the Ballot Box. You could win a Subway Card. There are only 25 CSLC T-Shirts left and they are selling 2 for $2.
- Today’s Culinary Meal: Greek salad, pastichio, homemade baguette, butter cookies and a zesty layered sparkling lime drink. You can enjoy this Greek-themed meal today for only $8.
- The School Store is open every day from 10:00am to 12:00 noon. Remember your friends on their birthdays. Buy a locker kit for only $2.
- Did you buy your SPC Card this year? Student Council is selling SPC Cards for $9, so if you are interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #133. Remember, you will receive $2 off your Christmas Dance ticket by using a SPC card!
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Mikayla McGuirk, who had a hat trick vs. TOSH last week.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Tynan Murphy, who led his team to their first victory of the season over Antigonish at the Colonel Gray Wall of Fame Cup last weekend.
- The Women’s Soccer team will meet in Room 84 today at 12:00 noon.
- The Women’s Volleyball Team bus will depart for Souris at 4:30pm. Good luck!
- Baseball players who are interested in participating in a Toronto Blue Jays Instructional Clinic in Stratford this Sunday, October 27, should see Ms. Dowd for more information.
- Anyone students interested in trying out for this year’s Men’s Basketball Team are asked to sign-up on the sheet posted outside of the Athletics Office. Training sessions could begin as early as next week.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- “Everything you need for better future and success has already been written. And guess what? All you have to do is go to the library.” (Henri Frederic Amiel) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- MRHS will be celebrating Library week October 28-31st. There will be a “Pinterest”ing library contest, dress your pet photo contest and daily book trivia in announcements. Stay tuned.
- Any students interested in applying to become a junior volunteer at the Kings County Memorial Hospital or the Riverview Manor are asked attend an info meeting at the beginning of lunch today.
- Just a reminder to staff and students in Grades 10 and 11: Retakes will be available on Tuesday, October 29, in the morning only. Further announcements will be made that morning!
- Holland College is hosting the ACAA Soccer Championships this Saturday, October 26, and Sunday, October 27, at the Terry Fox Centre in Cornwall. Free admission for all PEI students.
- If the weather permits, we are having the Grad Class photo taken on Monday, October 28, during B Block at the waterfront. We are asking that students wear red and black. . . transportation is provided. Students MUST arrive by bus.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball game will be on October 29, when the Average Joes play the Shafts of Death.
- MRHS Wrestling starts on Monday, November 4. Practices are at Montague Consolidated School on Mondays from 3:30 to 5 pm and Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 pm.
- Kick off wrestling camp at MRHS on November 15 with former national team member and high performance coach Clint Kingsbury. $20 for Wrestling PEI members, $30 for non-members. See Ms. Dowd or Ms. Morrison for more information.