It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Lianne Garland, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Donna White for Kirk White (pm), Denise McGillivray for Pauline Kelly, and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
Happy Birthday to Emily Brothers, Colton Matheson, and Cheryl McManus.
Excited for Hallowe’en? Come out to the “Field of Screams” in Eldon on October 25 and 26. Admission is $10 per person; funds go to MRHS Disney Choir. Hours are from 7:00 to 11:00pm.
Hey, Band Students!
- No Jazz Band practice today.
- Senior Concert Band practice this Thursday after school from 3:30 to 4:30pm.
- Grade 10 and Senior Concert Band are reminded of your Concert with UPEI this Thursday evening at 7:30pm. Students must be here for 6:45pm.
Highlights for Today:
- There will be Block meetings for Peer Helpers today.
- Grad Class Committee is asked to meet in Room 119 today at 12:00 noon.
- The School Store is open every day from 10:00am to 12:00 noon. Remember your friends on their birthdays. Buy a locker kit for only $2.
- Did you buy your SPC Card this year? Student Council is selling SPC Cards for $9, so if you are interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #133. Remember, you will receive $2 off your Christmas Dance ticket by using a SPC card!
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- The Women’s and Men’s Volleyball Teams play Three Oaks today at 5:30pm.
- Women’s Soccer Team bus departs for KISH at 2:15 pm.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Mikayla McGuirk, who had a hat trick vs. TOSH last week.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Tynan Murphy, who led his team to their first victory of the season over Antigonish at the Colonel Gray Wall of Fame Cup last weekend.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Any students who picked up a VIP, violence is preventable card, from student services are advised that some of the support services phone numbers on the card are incorrect. Please dispose of your card and pick up an updated version at Student Services.
- Any students that are considering applying to a Holland College program that requires a portfolio submission should consider attending one of the Portfolio Review Days. This is an opportunity to identify the specific requirements and help students better prepare themselves for this essential piece of the application process. See student services or the poster on the Holland College bulletin board outside the student services office for more information.
- NSCAD University is hosting a Portfolio Day at the Confederation Center Art Gallery on October 26 from 1:30 to 3:30pm. Sign up at my.NSCAD.ca.
- “If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in the library?” (Lily Tomlin) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- MRHS will be celebrating Library week October 28-31st. There will be a “Pinterest”ing library contest, dress your pet photo contest and daily book trivia in announcements. Stay tuned.
- Cross-Country Provincial Meet is Thursday at Charlottetown Rural. Bus will depart at 11:00 am.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball game is on Thursday, October 24, when the Balls of Fury play Target Practice.
- Are you interested in Readers’ Circle? Stop by the Library at 12:05 on Friday, October 25. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Holland College is hosting the ACAA Soccer Championships this Saturday, October 26, and Sunday, October 27, at the Terry Fox Centre in Cornwall. Free admission for all PEI students.
- Students Against Violence Everywhere (SAVE) will be meeting at 11:50 in the conference room of the Library on Friday this week instead of Wednesday.
- Do you want to become a healthier you? If you answered “yes” to that question, we have the club just for you! Any girls interested in joining are asked to attend a meeting on Friday at 12:00noon. Girls only!
- Next Culinary Meal: Greek salad, pastichio, homemade baguette, butter cookies and a zesty layered sparkling lime drink. You can enjoy this Greek-themed meal on October 25 for only $8. Book it now!
- If the weather permits, we are having the Grad Class photo taken on Monday, October 28, during B Block at the waterfront. We are asking that students wear red and black. . . transportation is provided. Students MUST arrive by bus.