It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Taylor Johnson for Natasha Dowd, Donna White for Anne MacKinnon, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Amy Crockett for Lynn Hayes, Brian Crane for Tracy Llewellyn, and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
Happy Birthday to Ethan Batchilder and Patrick McGee. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who had birthday celebrations over this past weekend: Michaela Bell, Samara Blakeney, Jessie Moore, Jonathan Schellekens, Denver Garrett, and Emma Nabuurs.
Excited for Hallowe’en? If so, come out to the “Field of Screams” in Eldon on October 25 and 26. Admission is $10 per person; funds go to Montague Regional High School Disney Choir for their trip to Orlando this coming March! Hours are from 7:00 to 11:00pm. For extra information, contact William McGuigan or Christie Beck. Come out, get scared, have fun!
Highlights for Today:
- Men’s and Women’s Soccer team members will have their yearbook team pictures taken right after school today. Please be there!
- The School Store is open every day from 10:00am to 12:00 noon. Remember your friends on their birthdays. Buy a locker kit for only $2.
- Did you buy your SPC Card this year? Student Council is selling SPC Cards for $9, so if you are interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #133. Remember, you will receive $2 off your Christmas Dance ticket by using a SPC card!
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- Today’s Home Games:
- Women’s Soccer Team plays Souris at 4:30pm
- Men’s Soccer Team plays Bluefield at 4:30pm
- Women’s Volleyball Team plays Souris at 4:30pm
- Men’s Volleyball Team plays Colonel Gray at 6:30pm
- First Women’s Basketball team session is tomorrow from 7-9 pm. There is a sign-up sheet in the PE area if you haven’t already signed up.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Our annual Postsecondary Day is being held tomorrow from 1:15 to 3:10pm. Reps from most universities and colleges in Atlantic Canada and other career related presenters will be here. Grade 12 students will have access to representatives for the entire time, Grade 11 students will have access from 2:15 to 3:00pm, and Grade 10 students are welcome to visit the tables during break. This will be a good opportunity to meet with people who can answer your questions about their institutions, the application process, early admission, apprenticeship opportunities, etc. For a complete list of representatives and other information that will help you prepare for this opportunity please see the student services section of our webpage.
- Any students that are considering applying to a Holland College program that requires a portfolio submission (fundamental arts, video game art and animation, graphic design, photography and digital imaging ) should consider attending one of the Portfolio Review Days. This is an opportunity to identify the specific requirements and help students better prepare themselves for this essential piece of the application process. See student services or the poster on the Holland College bulletin board outside the student services office for more information.
- NSCAD University is hosting a Portfolio Day at the Confederation Center Art Gallery on October 26 from 1:30 to 3:30pm. Sign up at my.NSCAD.ca.
- “Librarians are tour-guides for all of knowledge.” (Patrick Ness) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- MRHS will be celebrating Library week October 28-31st. There will be a “Pinterest”ing library contest, dress your pet photo contest and daily book trivia in announcements. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
- Brazilian Dance club is on tomorrow in room 10 (Music Room) at 12 noon. We are learning a new dance! New members are welcome!
- Debate Club will meet tomorrow at 3:15 until 4:00 in Room 211.
- All Power Lifters should be at practice on Tuesday after school. Wyatt will be present to do a session.
- Upcoming Dodgeball Action: Tuesday, October 22: Grade 12 Boys play Bad Mamajamas
- There will be Block meetings for Peer Helpers on Wednesday this week.
- Are you interested in Readers’ Circle? Stop by the Library at 12:05 on Friday, October 25.