It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Dean Lackie for Matt Killeen, Julie Jorden for Heidi Hayden-Ward, and Zak Likely for Lianne Garland.
Excited for Hallowe’en? If so, come out to the “Field of Screams” in Eldon on October 18, 19, 25, and 26. Admission is $10 per person; funds go to Montague Regional High School Disney Choir for their trip to Orlando this coming March! Hours are from 7:00 to 11:00pm. For extra information, contact William McGuigan or Christie Beck. Come out, get scared, have fun!
Highlights for Today:
- Grads, don’t forget that Heckberts are here during lunch break today to accept your photo orders!
- Envirothon permission forms are due today.
- Marcus Beauchamp should see Mrs. Killeen in the Library today.
- School Photos: Today is the due date for money and forms to be returned. These are to be handed in to homeroom teachers! Homeroom teachers should pass in picture orders to Mrs. Killeen by first break today.
- Can you sing, dance, play acoustic? See Evan Furness or Mr. Jamieson in Room 224.
- The School Store is open every day from 10:00am to 12:00 noon. Remember your friends on their birthdays. Buy a locker kit for only $2.
- Did you buy your SPC Card this year? Student Council is selling SPC Cards for $9, so if you are interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #133. Remember, you will receive $2 off your Christmas Dance ticket by using a SPC card!
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Student Fees are now payable at the main office. Remember that the Christmas Dance is coming up soon and your Student Fees must be paid in order to purchase a dance ticket.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Kathryn MacLeod of Vernon River. Kathryn is a dedicated, reliable athlete who is always eager to play. Her consistent passing, hitting, and strong serves make her a valuable asset to her team.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Lindsay Fitzpatrick of Cardigan. Lindsay is a positive team leader with powerful serve. Her reliable play in the back court and at the net make her a valuable asset to her team.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Colby Stewart of Belle River. Colby, a centre back, was instrumental in the team’s 1-0 victory over TOSH last week. Colby’s disciplined play and strong game in the air led to this nomination.
- Today’s Home Games:
- Women’s Field Hockey Team plays Colonel Gray at 4:30pm.
- Men’s Soccer Team takes on Colonel Gray at 4:30pm.
- First Women’s Basketball team session will be on Tuesday, October 22 from 7-9 pm. There is a sign up sheet in the PE area if you haven’t already signed up.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Our annual Postsecondary Day is being held on Tuesday, October 22, from 1:15 to 3:10pm. Reps from most universities and colleges in Atlantic Canada and other career related presenters will be here. Grade 12 students will have access to representatives for the entire time, Grade 11 students will have access from 2:15 to 3:00pm, and Grade 10 students are welcome to visit the tables during break. This will be a good opportunity to meet with people who can answer your questions about their institutions, the application process, early admission, apprenticeship opportunities, etc.
- “Shout for libraries. Shout for the young readers who use them.” (Patrick Ness) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- MRHS will be celebrating Library week October 28-31st. There will be a “Pinterest”ing library contest, dress your pet photo contest and daily book trivia in announcements. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
- Attention all SAVE participants. Remember that if you are interested in attending the We Day Conference in Halifax on November 26-27 that you must submit your essay by Wednesday’s meeting at the latest. Also, please make sure your permission and bursary forms are handed in to Mr. Mike Brothers as soon as possible.