It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jonathan Gallant for Robert Bourgeois, Juliana Jorden for Heidi Hayden-Ward, and Brian Crane for Pauline Kelly.
Happy Birthday to: Kassidy Kerr and Kendra Kerr. Happy belated greetings to Natasha Smith who celebrated her birthday over the long weekend.
Highlights for Today:
- Grads, don’t forget that Heckberts are going to be here on Wednesday to accept your photo orders!
- School Photos: Tomorrow is the due date for money and forms to be returned. These are to be handed in to homeroom teachers!
- Envirothon meeting at 11:50 in Room 129 for the designated forestry members plus one alternate (forestry + 5th topic member). All team members must attend. Signed permission forms for the Thursday training day also due at this time.
- Brazilian Dance Club is on today in Room 10 (Music Room) at 12 noon. New members are welcome!
- Ms. Malone’s extra help is at lunch today (12:05) instead of after school.
- There will be a meeting for the Disney Choir at 11:45 in Learning Centre B. Everyone MUST attend!!
- There is choir today from 3:30-5:00 and tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. All are welcome!
- Can you sing, dance, play acoustic? See Evan Furness or Mr. Jamieson in Room 224.
- Student Council: Coupon books are in; please see Ms. MacLeod in the CSLC office to pick up your books.
- The School Store is open every day from 10:00am to 12:00 noon. Remember your friends on their birthdays. Buy a locker kit for only $2.
- Did you buy an SPC Card this year? Student Council is selling SPC Cards for $9, so if you are interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #133. Remember, you will receive $2 off your Christmas Dance ticket by using a SPC card!
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Today in Intramural Dodgeball: Shafts of Death play Bad Mamajamas
- Men’s Volleyball team has late practice today from 7:00 to 9:00pm.
- Today’s Home Game: Women’s Volleyball vs. Francois Buote at 5:00pm.
- Men’s baseball players must return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd TODAY!
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Kathryn MacLeod of Vernon River. Kathryn is a dedicated, reliable athlete who is always eager to play. Her consistent passing, hitting, and strong serves make her a valuable asset to her team.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Lindsay Fitzpatrick of Cardigan. Lindsay is a positive team leader with powerful serve. Her reliable play in the back court and at the net make her a valuable asset to her team.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Colby Stewart of Belle River. Colby, a centre back, was instrumental in the team’s 1-0 victory over TOSH last week. Colby’s disciplined play and strong game in the air led to this nomination.
- First Women’s Basketball team session will be on Tuesday, October 22 from 7-9 pm. There is a sign up sheet in the PE area if you haven’t already signed up.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Representatives from Dalhousie University will be here for an information session on Wednesday, November 27, 2013, between 9:15 and 10:15am. Students must sign up at Student Services as well as get permission from your A Block teachers in order to attend.
- “Cutting libraries during a recession is like cutting hospitals during a plague.” (Eleanor Crumblehulme) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- MRHS will be celebrating Library week October 28-31st. There will be a “Pinterest”ing library contest, dress your pet photo contest and daily book trivia in announcements. Stay tuned for more details coming after convention.
- Attention all SAVE participants. Remember that if you are interested in attending the We Day Conference in Halifax on November 26-27 that you must submit your essay by Wednesday’s meeting at the latest. Also, please make sure your permission and bursary forms are handed in to Mr. Mike Brothers as soon as possible.
- Attention Grads: Those who would like to order grad photos from Heckbert’s should note that they will be here at school tomorrow at lunch to take orders. Please call them at 566-5500 if you have any questions before that day. Grads: If you choose not to order from Heckbert’s, we will gladly include one of the pictures they took in the yearbook and composite.