It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Sharon Anderson, Jessica Campbell for Philip MacDonald, Dean Lackie for Charlie Trainor, Zachariah Likely for Karen Malone, Nicole Wadden for Bethany MacLeod, and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
Highlights for Today:
- The Cafeteria will be closed for afternoon break today.
- Did you buy an SPC Card this year? Student Council is selling SPC Cards for $9, so if you are interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #133. Remember, you will receive $2 off your Christmas Dance ticket by using a SPC card!
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- The Men’s Soccer team defeated TOSH 1-0 last night. Cody Forrester scored the lone goal. Colby Stewart had a strong game in the centre back.
- Today’s Intramural Dodgeball Game: The Wrecking Balls play Balls of Fury.
- Women’s Soccer team will practice today at 3:30pm.
- Cross Country team will practice today at 3:15pm.
- All baseball players should return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd this week.
- All athletes are reminded that if you have not already passed in your athletic fee, you must do so by this Friday. It is $35 for team sports and $15 for individual.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Kyle Parlee of Montague. Kyle has taken on the new position of setter, which he has never played before. He is consistently the most positive player on the team during each and every game.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Grade Ten student Amanda Gormley of Murray River. Amanda was an instrumental player and scored her first goal as a Viking against Charlottetown Rural on Friday.
- Global Young Leaders Conference: Held in various locations in the US, China, and Europe during the summer of 2014. Deadline for school nomination is the end of October. Please see student services for more information.
- “If I was a book, I would like to be a library book, so I would be taken home by all different sorts of kids.” (Cornelia Funke) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- October book orders are now available in the library. Even though the final day to submit orders is October 30th, Mrs. Killeen can place your order at any time. Please stop by today!
- Be original. Be creative. Be part of the new Canada Day Challenge! If you’re between 8 and 18 years of age and live in Canada, you’re invited to express what Canada means to you by submitting an original poster design, a digital photograph, or a piece of creative writing inspired by the theme Canada: Strong and Free. Information about the 2014 edition of the Challenge is available in the Library; see Mrs. Killeen.
- Happy Thanksgiving! Students and staff are looking forward to a long weekend coming up. There are no classes on Monday, October 14.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game: Shafts of Death play Bad Mamajamas on Tuesday, October 15.
- First Culinary Meal of the Year: Friday, October 11, served at 11:50am in Room 136. For only $8, your meal will include mouth-watering Caesar salad, homemade chicken quesadillas with delicious veggies, lite lemon cheesecake squares, with watermelon fresca.
- School photo proofs have been distributed. The due date for money and forms to be returned is Wednesday, October 16th. These are to be handed in to homeroom teachers!
- Attention Grads: Those who would like to order grad photos from Heckbert’s should note that they will be here at school next Wednesday, October 16, at lunch to take orders. Please call them at 566-5500 if you have any questions before that day. Grads: If you choose not to order from Heckbert’s, we will gladly include one of the pictures they took in the yearbook and composite.