It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Tim Lea and Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins.
Happy Birthday to Zoe Baker.
Highlights for Today:
- Brazilian Dance Club is meeting today in Room 10 (Music Room) at 12 noon. New members are welcome!
- The Cafeteria will be closed for afternoon break today and Thursday.
- Cafeteria Thanksgiving Special includes sliced roast turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, vegetables, gravy and dessert with a small white milk… all for $7, being served tomorrow, Wednesday, October 9.
- Attention Grads: Those who would like to order grad photos from Heckbert’s should note that they will be here at school next Wednesday, October 16, at lunch to take orders. Please call them at 566-5500 if you have any questions before that day.
- Grads: If you choose not to order from Heckbert’s, we will gladly include one of the pictures they took in the yearbook and composite.
- Did you buy an SPC Card this year? Student Council is selling SPC Cards for $9, so if you are interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #133. Remember, you will receive $2 off your Christmas Dance ticket by using a SPC card!
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- The Women’s Soccer team lost 5-3 to Colonel Gray last night. Practice today at 3:30pm.
- Golf Team left for Provincials at Mill River at 8:45 this morning. Wishing them best of luck!
- Intramural Dodgeball today: Grade 12 Boys play the Average Joes.
- All baseball players should return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd this week.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Kyle Parlee of Montague. Kyle has taken on the new position of setter, which he has never played before. He is consistently the most positive player on the team during each and every game.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Grade Ten student Amanda Gormley of Murray River. Amanda was an instrumental player and scored her first goal as a Viking against Charlottetown Rural on Friday.
- Global Young Leaders Conference: Held in various locations in the US, China, and Europe during the summer of 2014. Deadline for school nomination is the end of October. Please see student services for more information.
- “I ransack public libraries, and find them full of sunk treasure.” (Virginia Woolf) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- October book orders are now available in the library. Even though the final day to submit orders is October 30th, Mrs. Killeen can place your order at any time. Please stop by today!
- Be original. Be creative. Be part of the new Canada Day Challenge! If you’re between 8 and 18 years of age and live in Canada, you’re invited to express what Canada means to you by submitting an original poster design, a digital photograph, or a piece of creative writing inspired by the theme Canada: Strong and Free. Information about the 2014 edition of the Challenge is available in the Library; see Mrs. Killeen.
- Any grads interested in being on the grad class committee are invited to attend a brief meeting at 12:00 in Room 119 on Wednesday!
- There will be block meetings for all Peer Helpers on Wednesday, October 9.
- Cross Country team will practice on Wednesday and Thursday at 3:15pm.
- Do you believe that everyone has the right to feel safe? Do you want to help rid the world of bullying? Then you should join SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere). Just come to the conference room in the library on Wednesday at 11:50. In the meantime, you should see Mr. Mike Brothers about a membership form and a Community Service Bursary registration form.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game: The Wrecking Balls play Balls of Fury on Thursday, October 10.
- First Culinary Meal of the Year: Friday, October 11, served at 11:50am in Room 136. For only $8, your meal will include mouth-watering Caesar salad, homemade chicken quesadillas with delicious veggies, lite lemon cheesecake squares, with watermelon fresca.
- School photo proofs have been distributed. The due date for money and forms to be returned is Wednesday, October 16th. These are to be handed in to homeroom teachers!