It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Wadden for Anne MacKinnon, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Donna White for Chantelle Beaton(am) and Kristina McLane (pm), Zak Likely for Bethany MacLeod, and Tena Creamer for Baxter Ross.
Happy Birthday to Hope Higginbotham, Michelle MacLennan and Jacob Perry.
- The Men’s and Women’s Cross Country teams competed hard at the Unit Meet yesterday at SKC. Top finishers were William Henbest, Alanna VanWiechen, Amanda Gormley and Morganne Rice, who all won their divisions. All members qualified for provincials on October 24. Way to go, MRHS Cross Country team!
- Members of the Golf team competed in the Fox Meadow Golf Tournament yesterday. Top finishers for the day were Darien Johnson and Dustin Ross. The team competes in provincials next Tuesday at Mill River. Good luck!
Highlights for Today:
- There will be a meeting for all Peer Helpers A and B block today. Please go to Room 85 after reading period.
- Envirothon Meeting at 11:45 in Room 129.
- Did you buy an SPC card this year? Student Council is selling SPC Cards for $9, so if you are interested in purchasing one, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #133. Remember, you will receive $2 off your Christmas Dance ticket by using a SPC card!
- Grad proofs are available in the Yearbook Office. You can pick them up at break or at lunch.
- Attention Grads of 2014: Sample Viking Pin applications are now available in the library. While they are not due until May, it is a good idea to take a peek at eligibility and requirements. You may even think of joining some of the clubs listed to get one of these prestigious pins! Please ask Ms. Dowd or Mrs. Killeen if you have any questions.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Male Athletes of the Week:
- Saul Lanigan of Cambridge shot a 75 to tie for first at the opening PEISAA golf tournament at Avondale last Tuesday.
- Tyler Colette of Millview shot a 75 to tie for first at the opening PEISAA golf tournament at Avondale last Tuesday.
- The Female Athlete of the Week is Sarah MacVarish of Vernon River. Sarah scored both goals in the Women’s Soccer team’s 2-1 defeat of Morell on Wednesday. Sarah also had a strong game and a number of scoring opportunities in the team’s 1-1 draw with Kinkora on Friday.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15 pm in the fitness centre.
- The Women’s Soccer team will have a meeting in Room 84 at 12:00 noon.
- Men’s Volleyball team has a meeting at 12:05 in the PE area.
- Women’s Soccer and Field Hockey teams will depart at 2:45pm for Charlottetown Rural.
- Women’s and Men’s Volleyball teams will depart at 4:30 pm for TOSH.
- Any students considering applying to a nursing program next year are asked to see Mr. Conohan at Student Services.
- St. Mary’s is hosting open house events on their campus in Halifax on October 25, November 16, and November 22. Go to SMU.ca/openhouse for more information.
- “A library book, I imagine, is a happy book.” (Cornelia Funke) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- October book orders are now available in the library. Even though the final day to submit orders is October 30th, Mrs. Killeen can place your order at any time. Please stop by today!
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game is on Tuesday, October 8, when Balls of Fury play Cougar Bait.
- Do you believe that everyone has the right to feel safe? Do you want to help rid the world of bullying? Then you should join SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere). Just come to the conference room in the library on Wednesday at 11:50. In the meantime, you should see Mr. Mike Brothers about a membership form and a Community Service Bursary registration form.