It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Wadden for Glenda McInnis, Donna White for Angela Killeen and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Maddy Clements and Roey Loung.
Highlights for Today:
- The following students have agreed to take part in the CAMET study today at 10:30am in Room #228: Owen Shaw, Julia Patton, Mikayla Jackson, Olivia Delodder, Sierra Belong, Michael Ferguson, Ashley Cotton, Mikayla McGuirk, Brooks Roche, John Ross Young, Alyssa Ferguson, Ashton Martin, Deanna Morris, and Olivia Jamieson. Lunch will be provided
- Grad proofs are available in the Yearbook Office at Break and Lunchtime
- Attention Grads of 2014: Sample Viking Pin applications are now available in the library. While they are not due until May, it is a good idea to take a peek at eligibility and requirements. You may even think of joining some of the clubs listed to get one of these prestigious pins! Please ask Ms. Dowd or Mrs. Killeen if you have any questions.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- The men’s soccer team defeated Westisle 2-1 last night. Daniel Whalen and Cody Forrester scored for MRHS. Dylan Lowry was the winning goalkeeper.
- The field hockey team defeated Bluefield 2-1 last evening. Alyssa Ferguson and Mikayla McGuirk scored for MRHS. Jessie McCarthy was the winning goalkeeper.
- The cross country team departs at 9 am today for the zone meet at SKC.
- Male Athletes of the Week:
- Saul Lanigan of Cambridge shot a 75 to tie for first at the opening PEISAA golf tournament at Avondale last Tuesday.
- Tyler Colette of Millview shot a 75 to tie for first at the opening PEISAA golf tournament at Avondale last Tuesday.
- The Female Athlete of the Week is Sarah MacVarish of Vernon River. Sarah scored both goals in the Women’s Soccer team’s 2-1 defeat of Morell on Wednesday. Sarah also had a strong game and a number of scoring opportunities in the team’s 1-1 draw with Kinkora on Friday.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15 pm in the fitness centre.
- Intramural Dodgeball today: Grade 11 Girls play The Shafts of Death.
- Cross Country Unit Meet is today at SKC. Bus leaves after reading period.
- Any students considering applying to a nursing program next year are asked to see Mr. Conohan at Student Services.
- St. Mary’s is hosting open house events on their campus in Halifax on October 25, November 16, and November 22. Go to SMU.ca/openhouse for more information.
- “A library book, I imagine, is a happy book.” (Cornelia Funke) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- October book orders are now available in the library. Even though the final day to submit orders is October 30th, Mrs. Killeen can place your order at any time. Please stop by today!
- Women’s Ensemble will start this Friday morning at 7:30.
- There will be a meeting for all Peer Helpers A and B block this Friday, October 4. Please go to room 85 after reading period.
- Next Intramural Dodgeball Game is on Tuesday, October 8, when Balls of Fury play Cougar Bait.