It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Glenda McInnis (pm), Donna White for Anne MacKinnon, Stephanie Day for Ralph Jamieson, Nicole Wadden for Chantelle Beaton, and Denise Carroll for Toby Murphy.
Happy Birthday to Megan Roach.
Highlights for Today:
- Homeroom teachers if you haven’t already done so, please post and share overdue library items with your class this morning. Students may return or renew items at break.
- Mr. Trainor’s Oceanography 621 class will be leaving for Panmure Island at 10:28 from the main lobby.
- The Montague Chapter of SAVE – Students Against Violence Everywhere will be having its first meeting today at 11:50 in the seminar room in the library.
- Debate Club will meet today in Room 211 at 12:00 noon.
- The following students have agreed to take part in the CAMET study on Thursday at 10:30am in Room #228: Owen Shaw, Julia Patton, Mikayla Jackson, Olivia Delodder, Sierra Belong, Michael Ferguson, Ashley Cotton, Mikayla McGuirk, Brooks Roche, John Ross Young, Alyssa Ferguson, Ashton Martin, Deanna Morris, and Olivia Jamieson. Lunch will be provided. Please see Ms. MacLeod for a list of the topics which will be discussed.
- Attention Grads of 2014: Sample Viking Pin applications are now available in the library. While they are not due until May, it is a good idea to take a peek at eligibility and requirements. You may even think of joining some of the clubs listed to get one of these prestigious pins! Please ask Ms. Dowd or Mrs. Killeen if you have any questions.
- Students who wish to make a request for the Friday song must submit a copy of the lyrics with your name on top to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- Male Athletes of the Week:
- Saul Lanigan of Cambridge shot a 75 to tie for first at the opening PEISAA golf tournament at Avondale last Tuesday.
- Tyler Colette of Millview shot a 75 to tie for first at the opening PEISAA golf tournament at Avondale last Tuesday.
- The Female Athlete of the Week is Sarah MacVarish of Vernon River. Sarah scored both goals in the Women’s Soccer team’s 2-1 defeat of Morell on Wednesday. Sarah also had a strong game and a number of scoring opportunities in the team’s 1-1 draw with Kinkora on Friday.
- There is a mandatory Cross Country meeting today at 12:00 in the Chem. Lab #140.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15 pm in the fitness centre.
- Athletes who want a PE locker can get one in the PE area at 12 noon today.
- Today’s Home Games:
- Field Hockey vs. Bluefield at 4:30 pm
- Men’s Soccer vs. Westisle at 5 pm
- Women’s Soccer vs. Evangeline at 5:30 pm
- Men’s Volleyball vs. Westisle at 5 pm
- Any students considering applying to a nursing program next year are asked to see Mr. Conohan at Student Services.
- St. Mary’s is hosting open house events on their campus in Halifax on October 25, November 16, and November 22. Go to SMU.ca/openhouse for more information.
- “With a library you are free, not confined by temporary political climates. It is the most democratic of institutions because no one – but no one at all – can tell you what to read and when and how.” (Doris Lessing) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- October book orders are now available in the library. Please stop by today!
- Intramural Dodgeball on Thursday: Grade 11 Girls play The Shafts of Death
- Women’s Ensemble will start this Friday morning at 7:30.
- Cross Country Unit Meet is scheduled for this Thursday at SKC. Bus leaves after reading period. All permission forms need to be in to Mr. Killeen ASAP.
- There will be a meeting for all Peer Helpers A and B block this Friday, October 4. Please go to room 85 after reading period.