It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jessica Campbell for Alana Trainor, Zak Likely for Bethany MacLeod, Donna White for Sharon Anderson, and Denise McGillivray for Tracy Llewellyn.
Happy Birthday to Austin Bernardino, Evan Jackson and Peter Mullally.
Highlights for Today:
- Chloe Gillis and Morgan King are asked to please see Mrs. Killeen at break.
- Tyler Laird, MorganneRice, Maddy Delodder are asked to see Mr. Killeen inRoom 129 at break.
- Fun! Fun! Would you like to learn some cool Brazilian dances? Everyone is welcome to come out and have some laughs. No experience necessary! Come join Montague High’s newest club in Room 10 today at 12 noon.
- The following students have agreed to take part in the CAMET study on Thursday at 10:30am in Room #228: Owen Shaw, Julia Patton, Mikayla Jackson, Olivia Delodder, Sierra Belong, Michael Ferguson, Ashley Cotton, Mikayla McGuirk, Brooks Roche, John Ross Young, Alyssa Ferguson, Ashton Martin, Deanna Morris, and Olivia Jamieson. Lunch will be provided. Please see Ms. MacLeod for a list of the topics which will be discussed.
- Choir: Anyone interested in joining should attend today from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Attention Grads of 2014: Sample Viking Pin applications are now available in the library. While they are not due until May, it is a good idea to take a peek at eligibility and requirements. You may even think of joining some of the clubs listed to get one of these prestigious pins! Please ask Ms. Dowd or Mrs. Killeen if you have any questions.
- Male Athletes of the Week:
- Saul Lanigan of Cambridge shot a 75 to tie for first at the opening PEISAA golf tournament at Avondale last Tuesday.
- Tyler Colette of Millview shot a 75 to tie for first at the opening PEISAA golf tournament at Avondale last Tuesday.
- The Female Athlete of the Week is Sarah MacVarish of Vernon River. Sarah scored both goals in the Women’s Soccer team’s 2-1 defeat of Morell on Wednesday. Sarah also had a strong game and a number of scoring opportunities in the team’s 1-1 draw with Kinkora on Friday.
- The Men’s Soccer team lost 5-1 to Charlottetown Rural last night. Drew Christensen scored for the Vikings.
- Golf Team will depart for Eagles Glenn at 11:15 am today.
- Chase MacLeod and Drew Hinks are asked to please go to Ms. Dowd’s office immediately following reading period.
- Intramural Dodgeball today: Cougar Bait play The Wrecking Balls.
- Cross Country practice today at 3:15. Meet at the track.
- The Women’s Soccer team will practice today at 3:30pm.
- Any students considering applying to a nursing program next year are asked to see Mr. Conohan at Student Services.
- The Montague Chapter of SAVE – Students Against Violence Everywhere will be having its first meeting this Wednesday at 11:50 in the seminar room in the library. SAVE is a group of students working together to raise awareness about the harmful impact of relationship violence and bullying. SAVE members plan and participate in anti-violence activities within the school and community. As an added bonus, SAVE members can be enrolled in the Community Service Bursary Program which allows students to earn a bursary up to $500. Joining SAVE is a great way to get involved and make a difference! We encourage anyone who is interested to show up to the first meeting to learn more about SAVE.
- St. Mary’s is hosting open house events on their campus in Halifax on October 25, November 16, and November 22. Go to SMU.ca/openhouse for more information.
- “I’m really a library man, or second-hand book man.” (John le Carre) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- October book orders are now available in the library. Please stop by today!
- Choir: Anyone interested in joining should attend tomorrow at 7:30am.
- Debate Club will meet tomorrow in Room 211 at 12:00 noon.
- Women’s Ensemble will start this Friday morning at 7:30.
- Auditions for the solos in the Choir Remembrance Day songs will be held on Wednesday at 7:30am. All are welcome to try out.
- Cross Country Unit Meet is scheduled for this Thursday at SKC. Bus leaves after reading period. All permission forms need to be in to Mr. Killeen ASAP.