It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Natalie Hardy for Kirk White (pm) and Dean Lackie for Sharon Anderson.
Happy Birthday to Anna Baird, Allee Jean Gallant, Liam Hatton, Emma Johnson and Alexander King. We also extend belated greetings to Abbie Hume who celebrated her birthday over the weekend.
Highlights for Today:
- Library Monitors are meeting today at 12:05pm.
- Attention Grads of 2014: Sample Viking Pin applications are now available in the library. While they are not due until May, it is a good idea to take a peek at eligibility and requirements. You may even think of joining some of the clubs listed to get one of these prestigious pins! Please ask Ms. Dowd or Mrs. Killeen if you have any questions.
- The following student are asked to please see Mr. Killeen at first break in Room #129 for your Cross Country permission forms: Tyler Laird, Morganne Rice, Maddy Delodder, Laura Gallo, Billie MacKay, Andrea Smith, and Alyssa Ferguson.
- Lost and Found: There is a silver necklace with a Mickey Mouse charm in the office. Check it out!
- The Men’s Soccer team played well against Colonel Gray on Friday. Colonel Gray scored twice on penalty kicks to win 2-0. Dylan Lowry had a strong game in goal for MRHS.
- The Women’s Soccer team tied 1-1 against Kinkora on Friday. Next practice is at 3:30 on Tuesday.
- Women’s Field Hockey team will practice from 3:20 to 4:30pm today.
- Today’s home games: Men’s Soccer play Charlottetown Rural at 5:00 pm and Women’s Volleyball take on Westisle at 6:30 pm.
- Men’s Volleyball team will leave at 1:45 for Westile. Team members are asked to meet at the front of the school at 1:45 sharp.
- Effective September 27, NBCC is no longer be registering students for correspondence courses. Students who are currently enrolled have until March 31, 2014, to complete their program of studies. Students are currently registered for an NBCC correspondence course should see Mr. Conohan ASAP for more information.
- St. Mary’s is hosting open house events on their campus in Halifax on October 25, November 16, and November 22. Go to SMU.ca/openhouse for more information.
- “I have found the most valuable thing in my wallet is my library card.” (Laura Bush) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- October book orders are now available in the library. Please stop by today!
- Fun! Fun! Would you like to learn some cool Brazilian dances? Everyone is welcome to come out and have some laughs. No experience necessary! Come join Montague High’s newest club in Room 10 on Tuesday at 12 noon.
- The Women’s Soccer team will practice at 3:30 on Tuesday.
- Choir: Anyone interested in joining should attend Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00 and Wednesday at 7:30am.
- Women’s Ensemble will start this Friday morning at 7:30.
- Auditions for the solos in the Choir Remembrance Day songs will be held on Wednesday at 7:30am. All are welcome to try out.