It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Karen Malone, Taylor Johnson for Bobby Nicholson, Juliana Jorden for Charlie Trainor, Donna White for Jonathan Hayes (pm), Janet MacDougall-Turner for Christie Beck, and Wanda Cheverie for Tracy Llewellyn.
Happy Birthday to Lindsay Fitzpatrick.
Highlights for Today:
- Due to the Grad BBQ, the library monitors’ meeting has been moved to Monday at 12:05pm.
- Choir: Anyone interested in joining should attend Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00 and Wednesday mornings at 7:30am.
- Women’s Ensemble will not start until NEXT Friday (Oct.4) morning at 7:30am.
- Auditions for the solos in the Choir Remembrance Day songs will be held on Wednesday, October 2, at 7:30am. All are welcome to try out.
- Lost and Found: There is a silver necklace with a Mickey Mouse charm in the office. Check it out!
- Women’s Volleyball and Soccer teams will depart for Kinkora at 3:30 pm.
- Field Hockey and Men’s Soccer teams will depart for Colonel Gray at 2:15 pm.
- Baseball team will receive their uniforms at morning break at the uniform room.
- Women’s Basketball team sign-up sheet is posted in the PE area. All interested athletes please sign up.
- All Men’s Volleyball players need to pay their $35 activity fee and hand in their permission forms for the Truro tournament to Mr. Mike Brothers by the end of the day today.
- Students interested in competing in a Biathlon on October 5 should see Ms. Dowd for more information.
- PEI Legislative Assembly Page Program: Any Grade 11 or 12 honour roll students who are interested in becoming a page in the Prince Edward Island Legislative Assembly should see Mr. Conohan as soon as possible for information and applications. Deadline for applications is October 7.
- Dalhousie University is hosting an open house on their campus in Halifax on Friday, October 18. Interested students must register online by October 5.
- “The library card is a passport to wonders and miracles, glimpses into other lives, religions, experiences, the hopes and dreams and strivings of all human beings, and it is this passport that opens our eyes and hearts to the world beyond our front doors, that is one of our best hopes against tyranny, zenophobia, hopelessness, despair, anarchy, and ignorance.” (Libba Bray) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- There are some new books in the library! Please come and check them out! Also, a reminder that kobos are available for loan!
- World Book encyclopedia #3 (C) is missing. Staff, please check your rooms this week. Thank you.
- Mrs. Killeen is submitting Scholastic book orders soon. Please get any money and orders to her by first break.
- Mrs. Killeen is still looking for a few more library monitors. Get your application in this week. There will be a meeting Monday (note the date change) at 12:05 in the library to arrange a schedule for October and assign duties.