It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Elouise O’Halloran for Bobby Nicholson, Donna White for Sandra Hicken (am), and Taylor Johnson for Anne MacKinnon.
Happy Birthday to Tyler Moore , Caitlyn Perrot, and Sabryna Schurman.
Special thanks to Morgan King, Alex King, Reagan Macdonald and Chloe Gillis for volunteering for The Guardian’s Raise-a-Reader campaign yesterday at Tim Horton’s. It was a dark, early, rainy morning but thanks to your efforts, thousands of dollars were collected for literacy causes across PEI!!
- Sign up today!! The Grad Barbeque is scheduled for Friday, September 27, from B Block for rest of the day. Students are expected to be in class for A Block. There is a small fee of $5.00 to be paid in Ms. McInnis’ room (119) during lunch hours beginning at 12 noon. This covers hotdogs, hamburgers, and water. Please indicate whether you require vegetarian or gluten-free options when you sign up! Students are also required to travel to the barbeque by bus only!
- Grad photos are being taken this week. Appointment times can be found on the door of the yearbook office. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. Photos will be taken in the Student Council office which is located next to Mr. Jamieson’s room. Cost is $12 for those who are getting the full sitting. If you have any questions please see Olivia Jamieson or Ms. McLane.
Highlights for Today:
- School pictures for the entire school are today. Homeroom classes will be called down to the Cafeteria throughout the day.
- Breakfast Club: There will be meeting of all volunteers in Ms. Anderson’s office today at 11:50am.
- Chloe Gillis, please see Mrs. Killeen.
- All members of the Envirothon teams are to meet in Room 129 at 1:50 for Forestry Training.
- Lost and Found: There are a couple of silver necklaces in the office; one has a Mickey Mouse charm.
- Fun! Fun! Would you like to learn some cool Brazilian dances? Everyone is welcome to come out and have fun. No experience necessary! So come join Montague High’s newest club, learn some Brazilian dance moves and have fun and laughs. Meet in Room 10 this Thursday at 12 noon. If you have questions, please contact Ms. Pike in Room 95 for more information.
- Congrats to the Women’s Soccer team with a 2-1 win over Morell. Practice today at 3:30pm.
- The Women’s Volleyball team played a great game last night to get the win over Morell 3-1. Great job, girls!
- Field Hockey team tied Charlottetown Rural 1-1 last night. Hope Higginbotham scored the goal for MRHS and Jessie McCarthy had a strong game in goal!
- Cross Country practice today at 3:15pm.
- Men’s Baseball team practice today at 5:30 pm.
- Women’s Basketball team sign-up sheet is posted in the PE area. All interested athletes please sign up.
- All Men’s Volleyball players need to pay their $35 activity fee and hand in their permission forms for the Truro tournament to Mr. Mike Brothers by the end of the day on Friday.
- Students interested in competing in a Biathlon on October 5 should see Ms. Dowd for more information.
- Athletes who wish to receive a Phys. Ed. locker should go to the PE office today at 12 pm.
- PEI Legislative Assembly Page Program: Any Grade 11 or 12 honour roll students who are interested in becoming a page in the Prince Edward Island Legislative Assembly should see Mr. Conohan as soon as possible for information and applications. Deadline for applications is October 7.
- Dalhousie University is hosting an open house on their campus in Halifax on Friday, October 18. Interested students must register online by October 5.
- “When I got my library card, that’s when my life began.” (Rita Mae Brown) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- There are some new books in the library! Please come and check them out! Also, a reminder that kobos are available for loan!
- World Book encyclopedia #3 (C) is missing. Staff, please check your rooms this week. Thank you.
- Scholastic book orders for September are due Friday, September 27. Please submit orders and money ASAP.
- Mrs. Killeen is still looking for a few more library monitors. Get your application in this week. There will be a meeting Monday (note the date change) at 12:05 in the library to arrange a schedule for October and assign duties.
Public Service Announcements:
- Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on October 7 pending enrolment. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at www.drivepei.com.