It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Nicole Wadden for Chantelle Beaton, and Donna White for Kirk White (pm).
Happy Birthday to Brandon Morris.
Congratulations to our Golf Team with a great showing yesterday at Avondale. Top scores were recorded by both Saul Lanigan and Tyler Colette, both carding 75.
- The Grad Barbeque is scheduled for Friday, September 27, from B Block for rest of the day. Students are expected to be in class for A Block. There is a small fee of $5.00 to be paid in Ms. McInnis’ room (119) during lunch hours until Thursday beginning at 12:00. This covers hotdogs, hamburgers, and water. Please indicate whether you require vegetarian or gluten-free options when you sign up! Students are also required to travel to the barbeque by bus only!
- Grad photos will be taken this week starting this morning. Appointment times can be found on the door of the yearbook office. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. Photos will be taken in the Student Council office which is located next to Mr. Jamieson’s room. Cost is $12 for those who are getting the full sitting. If you have any questions please see Olivia Jamieson or Ms. McLane.
Highlights for Today:
- Jazz Band Members: No practice today due to Mr. White’s absence.
- Fun! Fun! Would you like to learn some cool Brazilian dances? Everyone is welcome to come out and have fun. No experience necessary! So come join Montague High’s newest club, learn some Brazilian dance moves and have fun and laughs. Meet in Room 10 this Thursday at 12 noon. If you have questions, please contact Ms. Pike in Room 95 for more information.
- Important Women’s Field Hockey meeting in the fitness centre immediately following reading period.
- Men’s Baseball team meeting in Earl’s office at morning break.
- Members of the Cross Country team are to meet at 12:00 noon in Room 119 with Mr. Killeen.
- Women’s Basketball team sign-up sheet is posted in the PE area. All interested athletes please sign up.
- Women’s Field Hockey team has their first home game today at 4:45pm against Charlottetown Rural. Come cheer them on.
- Powerlifters will meet this afternoon at 3:15 in the Fitness Centre.
- All Men’s Volleyball players need to pay their $35 activity fee and hand in their permission forms for the Truro tournament to Mr. Mike Brothers before the end of the day on Friday.
- Students interested in competing in a Biathlon on October 5 should see Ms. Dowd for more information.
- All fall athletes must submit your forms and fees today at 12:05 at the uniform room.
- Athletes who wish to receive a Phys. Ed. locker should go to the PE office today at 12 pm.
- PEI Legislative Assembly Page Program: Any Grade 11 or 12 honour roll students who are interested in becoming a page in the Prince Edward Island Legislative Assembly should see Mr. Conohan as soon as possible for information and applications. Deadline for applications is October 7.
- Dalhousie University is hosting an open house on their campus in Halifax on Friday, October 18. Interested students must register online by October 5.
- “To build a library is to create a life. It’s never just a random collection of books.” (Carlos Maria Dominguez) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- There are some new books in the library! Please come and check them out! Also, a reminder that kobos are available for loan!
- World Book encyclopedia #3 (C) is missing. Staff, please check your rooms this week. Thank you.
- Scholastic book orders for September are due Friday, September 27. Please submit orders and money ASAP.
- Mrs. Killeen is still looking for a few more library monitors. Get your application in this week. There will be a meeting Friday at 12:05 in the library to arrange a schedule for October and assign duties.
- School pictures for the entire school are this Thursday, September 26, in the school cafeteria. Homeroom classes will be called down throughout the day. Home room teachers, there is information in your mailboxes to share with students.
- Cross Country practice on Thursday at 3:15pm.
- Men’s Baseball team practice on Thursday at 5:30 pm.
Public Service Announcements:
- Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on October 7 pending enrolment. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at www.drivepei.com.