It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Karen Malone, Cory Stevenson for Kelly Pike, Donna White for Sandra Hicken (pm), Juliana Jorden for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Bridge DeCourcey for Yvonne Higgins, Denise McGillivray for Tracy Llewellyn, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
Happy Birthday to Sarah Furness, Laurena Jobe, and Michaela MacSwain. Special greetings to Ms. Sharon Anderson who is also celebrating her birthday today.
- The Grad Barbeque is scheduled for Friday, September 27, from B Block for rest of the day. Students are expected to be in class for A Block. There is a small fee of $5.00 to be paid in Ms. McInnis’ room (119) during lunch hours on Tuesday until Thursday beginning at 12:00. This covers hotdogs, hamburgers, and water. Please indicate whether you require vegetarian or gluten-free options when you sign up! Students are also required to travel to barbeque by bus only!
- Grad photos will be taken this week starting this morning. Appointment times can be found on the door of the yearbook office. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. Photos will be taken in the Student Council office which is located next to Mr. Jamieson’s room. Cost is $12 for those who are getting the full sitting. If you have any questions please see Olivia Jamieson or Ms. McLane.
Highlights for Today:
- Choir today after school in the MRHS music room from 3:30-5:00pm and tomorrow morning at 7:30am. All are welcome to attend.
- Fun! Fun! Would you like to learn some cool Brazilian dances? Everyone is welcome to come out and have fun. No experience necessary! So come join Montague High’s newest club, learn some Brazilian dance moves and have fun and laughs. Meet in Room 10 this Thursday at 12 noon. If you have questions, please contact Ms. Pike in Room 95 for more information.
- Any students interested in working as a score keeper at home games this semester are asked to see Ms. Dowd, Morgan Campbell or William McGuigan before the end of the day. This is a great way to get volunteer hours.
- They Men’s Soccer team lost 6-0 in their first game against a strong Charlottetown Rural side last evening. The team is hoping to build on this game for a better result when they face Charlottetown Rural again next week.
- All Men’s Volleyball players need to pay their $35 activity fee to Mr. Mike Brothers by the end of the week.
- Students interested in competing in a Biathlon on October 5 should see Ms. Dowd for more information.
- Fall sports team consent forms and athletic fees are being collected on Tuesday/Wednesday at 12:05 at the uniform room. Athletes will receive their uniforms at this time. Forms and fees must be submitted in order to play. Field hockey, soccer, volleyball – $35. Cross country, power lifting – $15.
- PEI Legislative Assembly Page Program: Any Grade 11 or 12 honour roll students who are interested in becoming a page in the Prince Edward Island Legislative Assembly should see Mr. Conohan as soon as possible for information and applications. Deadline for applications is October 7.
- Dalhousie University is hosting an open house on their campus in Halifax on Friday, October 18. Interested students must register online by October 5.
- “People can lose their lives in libraries. They ought to be warned.” (Saul Bellow) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- World Book encyclopedia #3 (C) is missing. Staff, please check your rooms this week. Thank you.
- Scholastic book orders for September are due Friday, September 27. Please submit orders and money ASAP.
- Mrs. Killeen is still looking for a few more library monitors. Get your application in this week. There will be a meeting Friday at 12:05 in the library to arrange a schedule for October and assign duties.
- School pictures for the entire school are this Thursday, September 26, in the school cafeteria. Homeroom classes will be called down throughout the day. Home room teachers, there is information in your mailboxes to share with students.
Public Service Announcements:
- Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on October 7 pending enrolment. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at www.drivepei.com.