It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Karen Malone (pm), Sara Prosser for Yvonne Higgins, and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Happy Belated Birthday to all those students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Jacob McSweeney, Pierce Conohan, and Kimberley Stevenson.
Highlights for Today:
- Thank you to everyone who volunteered at CSLC last week. We had many people tell us how wonderful you all were. MRHS showed what small schools can accomplish.
- Any students interested in working as a score keeper at home games this semester are asked to see Ms. Dowd, Morgan Campbell or William McGuigan before September 24. This is a great way to get volunteer hours.
- GRADS: Please note that grad photos will be taken this week beginning tomorrow morning. Appointment times can be found on the door of the yearbook office later today. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. Photos will be taken in the Student Council office which is located next to Mr. Jamieson’s room. Cost is $12 for those who are getting the full sitting. If you have any questions please see Olivia Jamieson or Ms. McLane.
- The Men’s Soccer and Men’s Volleyball teams will depart today for Charlottetown Rural at 3:15 pm. Good luck!
- Men’s Soccer team lunch today at 11:43 in Room 210.
- Women’s Volleyball practice today from 3:00 to 4:30; the last half hour will be for some housekeeping things such as getting all forms in, schedules etc.
- Women’s Soccer practice today at 3:30pm.
- All athletic forms and fees are due today. Students who don’t have forms in and fees paid will not get to play! Men’s & Women’s Soccer, Men’s & Women’s Volleyball and Women’s Field Hockey fees are $35. Cross Country and Powerlifting fees are $15. Students should note that your fee payment includes a ticket for the Athletic Banquet. All fees and forms can be passed in at lunch break in the Uniform Room, No. 67.
- Application information is now available at Student Services for the University of Toronto National Scholars Program. Be sure to check out this and other scholarship opportunities on our Scholarship Board.
- Loran Scholarships- 30 scholarships valued up to $80,000. Character, Service and Leadership and strong Academic achievement (average of at least 85%) are the selection criteria. Must be accepted to one of the Sponsored Universities. 40 $3000 finalist awards. Deadline for students who wish to seek school nomination is October 4 at 3pm. See Mr. Conohan ASAP for more info.
- Community Service Bursaries: If you are in Grade 11 or 12, you are eligible to earn a bursary valued up to $500 simply by volunteering in the community. Visit student services for more information.
- “A library, to modify the famous metaphor of Socrates, should be the delivery room for the birth of ideas – a place where history comes to life.” (Norman Cousins) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- World Book encyclopedia #3 (C) is missing. Staff, please check your rooms this week. Thank you.
- Scholastic book orders for September are due Friday, September 27. Please submit orders and money ASAP.
- Mrs. Killeen is still looking for a few more library monitors. Get your application in this week. There will be a meeting Friday at 12:05 in the library to arrange a schedule for October and assign duties.
- School pictures for the entire school are this Thursday, September 26, in the school cafeteria. Homeroom classes will be called down throughout the day. Home room teachers, there is information in your mailboxes to share with students.
Public Service Announcements:
- Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on October 7 pending enrolment. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at www.drivepei.com.