It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Taylor Johnson for Bethany MacLeod, and Nicole Wadden for Sandra Hicken.
Happy Birthday to Erin MacNeill.
Highlights for Today:
- A meeting of those who volunteered to help out with food at the CSLC Conference will be held today at 11:45 in Ms. Anderson’s office.
- Band Students: Jazz Band will begin this Wednesday after school.
- Larry McGuire’s Driver Education will be at Montague High Library today at noon to have three of his students write their Learner’s Permit. Larry has room for only a few more students. If interested, drop into the Library for a chat.
- Study and Go Abroad Fair: Canada’s largest international university and student travel expo, Study and Go Abroad, is coming to Halifax. It provides an opportunity for you to meet with top-ranked universities and colleges from around the world. This expo will include a Student Travel Zone, with organizations offering internships, volunteer programs, work abroad and adventure and language travel. Admission is free. You can register in advance at www.studyandgoabroad.com or on day of fair: September 24, 2013, at Kenneth C. Rowe Heritage Hall, Pier 21, Halifax, from 10am to 4pm.
- Students and Parents are invited to an evening program on Monday, September 16, 2013, at 7:00 pm, at the Canadian Museum of Immigration, Pier 21, 1055 Marginal Road, Halifax, with admission officers from the following Universities:
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- Columbia University, New York, New York
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
- Stanford University, Stanford, California
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Any students planning to apply to universities in the US need to write SAT or ACT tests and should contact Mr. Conohan for information.
- Community Service Bursaries: If you are in Grade 11 or 12, you are eligible to earn a bursary valued up to $500 simply by volunteering in the community. Visit student services for more information.
- Any students interested in being a member of the MRHS Cross Country team are asked to sign the list posted outside Mr. Killeen’s Room 129 as soon as possible.
- The following students should hand in their Track and Field uniforms in to Ms. Dowd ASAP (or by Friday latest): Tyler MacGillivray #28, Tyler Laird #18 shirt, Cameron Glover #42 shorts, Drew Hinks #15 shirt, Jesse Campbell #21 shirt, Cole Jenkins #45, Drew Christensen #43 shirt, Jonathan MacDonald #29 shorts, #26 shirt, and Chloe Chapman #23 shorts.
- There is a sign-up sheet outside the gym on the wall for School Golf Team and the Power Lifting Team. These sign-up sheets are for both Female/Male.
- Men’s Soccer Tryouts will continue today from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- “The truth is libraries are raucous clubhouses for free speech, controversy and community.” (Paula Poundstone) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- Library hours of operation are as follows: Monday and Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm and Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Scholastic Book Clubs has continued their very popular Teen Readers Club. September book orders have arrived and forms are always available in the Library for ordering. Cheques are to be made payable to Scholastic Books Ltd.
- There are still a number of outstanding books from spring. Please return; no questions asked!
- Are you interested in getting involved at MRHS? Perhaps being a Library Monitor would be a perfect fit! There will be a variety of times available soon! Students should stop by the Library for an application form.
- Get in the CSLC spirit and check out the Library display case. “Follow the Leader”! Read about fascinating leaders. Is someone missing? Please let Mrs. Killeen know!
- Concert Band will begin this Thursday after school.
- Heckbert’s Studio and Gallery will be at school from Tuesday, Sept. 24, to Friday, Sept. 27, to take grad photos. All grads must have their photo taken at this time. Grads must book their appointment by Thursday, Sept. 12. Please contact the yearbook editors, Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson, to book an appointment time.
- Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on October 7 pending enrolment. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at www.drivepei.com.