It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jessica Campbell for Natasha Dowd, Taylor Johnson for Bethany MacLeod, and Nicole Wadden for Sandra Hicken. Happy Birthday to Makayla Rayner.
Highlights for Today:
- If you have a CD player that you are not using regularly, can you please send it to Mrs. Killeen in the library? We have staff and students who could use it during morning classes.
- The following students are asked to see Mrs. Hicken today, as soon as possible: Alyssa Ferguson, Jessie McCarthy, Jojo Orsatti.
- There will be a meeting for anyone who is interested in volunteering for CSLC in Room #84 at 12:00. Please come and join the fun!
- All members of the CSLC billeting committee are asked to please meet with Ms. Beaton today at 12:10 in Room 139.
- Choir begins today from 3:30 to 5:00pm in the music room (beside the Cafeteria). Anyone who likes to sing is welcome to attend. Come on out!!
- Any students interested in being a member of the MRHS Cross Country team are asked to sign the list posted outside Mr. Killeen’s Room 129 as soon as possible.
- The following students should hand in their Track and Field uniforms in to Ms. Dowd ASAP (or by Friday latest): Tyler MacGillivray #28, Tyler Laird #18 shirt, Cameron Glover #42 shorts, Drew Hinks #15 shirt, Jesse Campbell #21 shirt, Cole Jenkins #45, Drew Christensen #43 shirt, Jonathan MacDonald #29 shorts, #26 shirt, and Chloe Chapman #23 shorts.
- There is a sign-up sheet outside the gym on the wall for School Golf Team and the Power Lifting Team. These sign-up sheets are for both Female/Male.
- Men’s Soccer Tryouts will continue on September 10 and 11 from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Men’s Volleyball Tryouts are scheduled for today from 5:00 to 7:00pm.
- “A library outranks any other one thing a community can do to benefit its people. It is a never failing spring in the desert.” (Andrew Carnegie) Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library!
- Library hours of operation are as follows: Monday and Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm and Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Scholastic Book Clubs has continued their very popular Teen Readers Club. September book orders have arrived and forms are always available in the Library for ordering. Cheques are to be made payable to Scholastic Books Ltd.
- There are still a number of outstanding books from spring. Please return; no questions asked!
- Are you interested in getting involved at MRHS? Perhaps being a Library Monitor would be a perfect fit! There will be a variety of times available soon! Students should stop by the Library for an application form.
- Get in the CSLC spirit and check out the Library display case. “Follow the Leader”! Read about fascinating leaders. Is someone missing? Please let Mrs. Killeen know!
- Band Students: Jazz Band will being this Wednesday after school. Concert Band will begin this Thursday after school.
- Heckbert’s Studio and Gallery will be at school from Tuesday, Sept. 24, to Friday, Sept. 27, to take grad photos. All grads must have their photo taken at this time. Grads must book their appointment by Thursday, Sept. 12. Please contact the yearbook editors, Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson, to book an appointment time.
- Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on October 7 pending enrolment. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at www.drivepei.com.
- Larry McGuire’s Driver Education will be at Montague High Library this Wednesday at noon to have three of his students write their Learner’s Permit. Larry has room for only a few more students. If interested, drop into the Library for a chat.