It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Craig Conohan.
Happy Birthday to Ambyr Gillis and David Thompson. We also extend belated greetings to Coady MacCallum who had his birthday over the weekend.
Highlights for Today:
- A phone was left on Larry Sullivan’s bus this morning. Please check at the main office.
- Student Council will be meeting today at 11:45 in Sandra Hicken’s class room.
- Men’s Soccer team will be meeting at 11:43 in the Carpentry shop.
- A Women’s Volleyball Team Tryouts will be held on Sept. 9: 3:00 to 5:00pm.
- There is a sign-up sheet outside the gym on the wall for School Golf Team and the Power Lifting Team. These sign-up sheets are for both Female/Male.
- Men’s Soccer Tryouts are scheduled for September 9, 10, 11 from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Women’s Soccer Team tryouts start today at 3:30pm.
- Men’s Volleyball Tryouts are scheduled for today from 3:00 to 5:30 and Tuesday from 5:00 to 7:00pm.
- Tryouts for the Field Hockey team will be held today at 3:25pm. If you are interested but are unable to attend this session, please see Ms. MacKinnon.
- “Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future.” Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library today!
- Library hours of operation are as follows: Monday and Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm and Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Scholastic Book Clubs has continued their very popular Teen Readers Club. September book orders have arrived and forms are always available in the Library for ordering. Cheques are to be made payable to Scholastic Books Ltd.
- There are still a number of outstanding books from spring. Please return; no questions asked!
- Are you interested in getting involved at MRHS? Perhaps being a Library Monitor would be a perfect fit! There will be a variety of times available soon! Students should stop by the Library for an application form.
- Get in the CSLC spirit and check out the Library display case. “Follow the Leader”! Read about fascinating leaders. Is someone missing? Please let Mrs. Killeen know!
- All members of the CSLC billeting committee are asked to please meet with Ms. Beaton Tuesday at 12:10 in Room 139.
- Heckbert’s Studio and Gallery will be at school from Tuesday, Sept. 24, to Friday, Sept. 27, to take grad photos. All grads must have their photo taken at this time. Grads must book their appointment by Thursday, Sept. 12. Please contact the yearbook editors, Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson, to book an appointment time.
- Abegweit Driver Education classes will begin on October 7 pending enrolment. To enroll, call 902-566-1482 or sign up online at www.drivepei.com.
- Choir begins on Tuesday, September 10, from 3:30 to 5:00pm in the music room (beside the Cafeteria). Anyone who likes to sing is welcome to attend. Come on out!!
- Larry McGuire’s Driver Education will be at Montague High Library this Wednesday at noon to have three of his students write their Learner’s Permit. Larry has room for only a few more students. If interested, drop into the Library for a chat.