It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Harrison Jenkins.
Highlights for Today:
- Special thanks goes out to Sarah Brothers and Allie Boyle of the MRHS Young Blood for Life Group for their efforts at August’s mobile blood donor clinic.
- All students interested in helping with technology/photography/videography for CSLC are asked to please meet in Room 221 at 12:05 today.
- “An original idea. That can’t be too hard. The library must be full of them.” Want to know more about the author of this quote? Stop by the Library today!
- Our teacher librarian, Mrs. Killeen, extends a warm welcome to all new and returning students. She is excited to be returning herself. Here are a few items of interest regarding the school Library Resource Centre. Hours of operation are as follows: Monday and Friday from 8:15am to 3:10pm and Tuesday to Thursday from 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Scholastic Book Clubs has continued their very popular Teen Readers Club. September book orders have arrived and forms are always available in the Library for ordering. Cheques are to be made payable to Scholastic Books Ltd.
- There are still a number of outstanding books from spring. Please return; no questions asked!
- Are you interested in getting involved at MRHS? Perhaps being a Library Monitor would be a perfect fit! There will be a variety of times available soon! Students should stop by the Library for an application form.
- Get in the CSLC spirit and check out the Library display case. “Follow the Leader”! Read about fascinating leaders. Is someone missing? Please let Mrs. Killeen know!
- Literacy is extremely important at MRHS! If you need a book for reading period, please visit the Library. E-readers will be available for loan soon.
- You’re in high school! You should have a provincial library card. This will give you access to borrow books from any branch. Please see Mrs. Killeen.
- Remember that our online school library catalogue is available on public internet. You can view our school’s collection from home! If you experience difficulties or need any help, please contact Mrs. Killeen.
- A sincere thank you to the Parent Council for their generous donation of Kobo e-readers to the school library. MRHS students and staff thank you for your support.
- Starting today! A Women’s Volleyball Team Tryouts will be held on Sept. 6: 5:30 to 7:00pm, Sept. 7: 4:00 to 6:00pm, and Sept. 9: 3:00 to 5:00pm.
- There is a sign-up sheet outside the gym on the wall for School Golf Team and the Power Lifting Team. These sign-up sheets are for both Female/Male.
- There will be a meeting today for the Golf Team in Student Services during the afternoon break. See Earl or Mr. Killeen if you have any questions.
- Men’s Soccer Tryouts are scheduled for September 9, 10, 11 from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Women’s Soccer Team tryouts start on Monday at 3:30pm.
- Men’s Volleyball Tryouts are scheduled for Monday from 3:00 to 5:30 and Tuesday from 5:00 to 7:00pm.
- Tryouts for the Field Hockey team will be held on Monday, September 9, at 3:25pm. If you are interested but are unable to attend this session, please see Ms. MacKinnon.
- Choir begins on Tuesday, September 10, from 3:30 to 5:00pm in the music room (beside the Cafeteria). Anyone who likes to sing is welcome to attend. Come on out!!
- Larry McGuire’s Driver Education will be at Montague High Library on Wednesday, Sept. 11, at noon to have three of his students write their Learner’s Permit. Larry has room for only a few more students. If interested, drop into the Library for a chat.