Happy Birthday to Emily Blue.
Welcome Guest Staff: Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Peggy Franciosa for Gail Johnston, and Mike Hambly for Peggy Flynn.
Highlights for Today:
- Morning exam: GEO421A, CHM521A, HIS421A
- Afternoon exams: SCI421A, PHY521A
- Are you missing a family ring? A gold ring with five gemstones was found quite some time ago. If you are missing this ring, please check with Kelly in the main office. Also, a blue flash drive was found.
- Photo Club Fund-Raiser: Photo Club has taken Prom Portraits and will take up-close photos of each grad as they receive their diploma/prizes at the Graduation Ceremonies. For the low price of $2/event, your favorite grad images will be sent to the e-mail address of your choice. To order… a table will be set up at grad rehearsal and at the grad reception OR leave your $$ and address in the main office OR drop in to see Ms. Lowther in Room 115 ASAP. All will be mailed out by June 27.
- Donate Your Calculator: If you no longer have use for your calculator or geometry set, think about donating them to the Math Department. They will make sure items are put to good use! Ms. Lowther is collecting donations (Room 115) until the end of June.
- The following students still owe fees to the athletics department – please see Ms. Dowd about these ASAP: Chase MacLeod, Jesse Campbell, Brett Birt, Tyler Laird, John Ross Young, Sam Pirch, Chloe Chapman, Jenna Fitzpatrick, Jessica MacKay, Tyson Campbell, Logan MacDonald, Chris Butler, Brendan Curran, Lisa MacLean.
- The following athletes are asked to return their track uniforms to Ms. Dowd ASAP: Tyler MacGillivray, Dalton MacDonald, Jordan Wisener, Tyler Laird, Cameron Glover, Luke MacIsaac, Drew Hinks, Zach Munroe, Emma MacDonald, Hannah Gormley, Heather Drake, Jesse Campbell, Cole Jenkins, Landon Labonte, Jonathan MacDonald, Chloe Chapman.
- Students will not receive their report card until all fees are paid and uniforms returned.
- The Female Athlete of the Week for the week of June 3-7 is Bailey Jackson, daughter of Scott and Valda Jackson of Pembrooke. Bailey was a key player in the fullback position in the Women’s Rugby Championship victory. Bailey had a strong game defensively, making several key tackles, and assisted offensively with a great run to score a try.
- The Male Athlete of the Week for the week of June 3-7 is Pierce Conohan, son of Joanne and Reggie Conohan of Cardigan. Pierce played in every game this season and had the winning single in a seventh inning comeback against TOSH in the Provincial Softball Semifinal game.
- Morning: BIO521A, LAW 521A
- The time has come to make a new view book for 2014-2015 year at Holland College. They want to get some feedback from the public and prospective students, especially from island high school students on what type of look they prefer. To do this, they have come up with a survey/contest. Voting is opened until June 20th. Your opinion really matters, plus, there is a chance to win prizes. Survey link is http://www.hollandcollege.com/contests.
- The Library is now in quiet study mode… absolutely no talking! Anyone who is not respectful of the quiet study area will be asked to leave the Library.
- ALL Library books and Kobos are overdue! Please return ALL items to the Library asap! If items are not returned, students and staff are responsible to pay the replacement value of the missing items. Transcripts and report cards will not be available to anyone owing books to the Library.
- During exams, a study room will be available for students to sign out for a block per day and the Library will be a quiet study area. Please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner for more details.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the Library.
Public Service Announcements:
- On June 29, Tennis PEI will be running two clinics at the Cardigan Tennis Court. The clinic is free of charge for participants, and no equipment or prior knowledge is necessary. The first clinic will be from 10:00am to 12:00pm. The second clinic will be from 1:00pm to 3:00 pm. All ages are encouraged to attend this event. For further information, please contact Andrew at 838-2528. Please come out and enjoy the day!
- The Charlottetown Parks and Recreation Department will be offering outdoor adventure camps this summer! The camps are co-ed and will be offered to youth ages 11-15. There will be 13 different one-day camps and each one is as amazing as the next! Activities include Tree – Go Zip Lining, Paintball, and kayaking to name a few. Don’t be afraid to try out new activities, and we encourage you to tell your friends! Transportation and lunch is included in a price that you can’t beat! For more information please contact our department at 368-1025 or visit http://www.charlottetown.ca.