It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Dylan Ferguson, Dustin Henderson, Tony Nabuurs, and JoJo Orsatti.
Welcome Guest Staff: Mike Hambly for Lianne Garland, Jessica Campbell for Kirk White (pm), and Peggy Franciosa for Gail Greene.
Highlights for Today:
- Morning exam: MAT621A, MAT611B, ITE801A
- Afternoon exams: GEO621F, HIS621X, FRE621A, FRE621B
- Photo Club Fund-Raiser: Photo Club has taken Prom Portraits and will take up-close photos of each grad as they receive their diploma/prizes at the Graduation Ceremonies. For the low price of $2/event, your favorite grad images will be sent to the e-mail address of your choice. To order… a table will be set up at grad rehearsal and at the grad reception OR leave your $$ and address in the main office OR drop in to see Ms. Lowther in Room 115 ASAP. All will be mailed out by June 27th.
- Donate Your Calculator: If you no longer have use for your calculator or geometry set, think about donating them to the Math Department. They will make sure items are put to good use! Ms. Lowther is collecting donations (Room 115) until the end of June.
- The Female Athlete of the Week for the week of June 3-7 is Bailey Jackson, daughter of Scott and Valda Jackson of Pembrooke. Bailey was a key player in the fullback position in the Women’s Rugby Championship victory. Bailey had a strong game defensively, making several key tackles, and assisted offensively with a great run to score a try.
- The Male Athlete of the Week for the week of June 3-7 is Pierce Conohan, son of Joanne and Reggie Conohan of Cardigan. Pierce played in every game this season and had the winning single in a seventh inning comeback against TOSH in the Provincial Softball Semifinal game.
- Any athletes who still have uniforms must return them to Ms. Dowd!
- Morning: ENG421A, ENG521A, PHY621A
- Afternoon: CHM621A, POL621A, HIS521A, FDS421A
- The time has come to make a new view book for 2014-2015 year at Holland College. They want to get some feedback from the public and prospective students, especially from island high school students on what type of look they prefer. To do this, they have come up with a survey/contest. Voting is opened until June 20th. Your opinion really matters, plus, there is a chance to win 1 of 5 Holland College hoodies. It is as simple as filling out a 1-2 minute online survey! Survey link: http://www.hollandcollege.com/contests
- The Library is now in quiet study mode… absolutely no talking! Anyone who is not respectful of the quiet study area will be asked to leave the Library.
- ALL Library books and Kobos are overdue! Please return ALL items to the Library asap! If items are not returned, students and staff are responsible to pay the replacement value of the missing book, kobo, audio book, video, etc. Transcripts and report cards will not be available to anyone owing books to the Library.
- During exams, a study room will be available for students to sign out for a block per day and the Library will be a quiet study area. Please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner for more details.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the Library.