It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Danny Cain and Damien Taylor! We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their special days over this past weekend: Leslie Creed, Ann-Marie King and Rebecca Millar-Robertson.
Welcome Guest Staff: Brian Somers for Peter Connaughton and Mike Hambly for Michael Merriam.
Highlights for Today:
- Morning exam: ENG62A
- Afternoon exams: AGS801A, BIO621A, FAM621A
- Students who are applying for the Confederation Bridge Education Bursary should drop their applications off to Kelly or Dawn at the main office today before lunch not at student services.
- Photo Club Fund-Raiser: We have taken Prom Portraits and will take up-close photos of each grad as they receive their diploma/prizes at the Graduation Ceremonies. For the low price of $2/event, your favorite grad images will be sent to the e-mail address of your choice. To order… we will have a table set up at grad rehearsal and at the grad reception OR leave your $$ and address in the main office OR drop in to see Ms. Lowther in room 115 ASAP. All will be mailed out by June 27th.
- Donate Your Calculator: If you no longer have use for your calculator or geometry set, think about donating them to the Math Department. We will make sure they are put to good use! Ms. Lowther is collecting donations (Room 115) until the end of June.
- Any athletes who still have uniforms must return them to Ms. Dowd today.
- Morning: MAT621A, MAT611B, ITE801A
- Afternoon: GEO621F, HIS621X, FRE621A, FRE621B
- The time has come to make a new view book for 2014-2015 year at Holland College. They want to get some feedback from the public and prospective students, especially from island high school students on what type of look they prefer. To do this, they have come up with a survey/contest. Voting is opened until June 20th. Your opinion really matters, plus, there is a chance to win 1 of 5 Holland College hoodies. It is as simple as filling out a 1-2 minute online survey! Survey link: http://www.hollandcollege.com/contests
- The Library is now in quiet study mode! Absolutely no talking unless a class is in the Library working on an assignment. Anyone who is not respectful of the quiet study area will be asked to leave the Library and return to class.
- ALL Library books and Kobos are overdue! Please return ALL items to the Library asap! If items are not returned, students and staff are responsible to pay the replacement value of the missing book, kobo, audio book, video, etc. Transcripts and report cards will not be available to anyone owing books to the Library.
- Missing items: a camera tripod is missing from the AV room in the Library. If you have the tripod, please return it asap!
- Missing Encyclopedias! World Books B and C-Ch are missing from the 2010 set. These books should not have left the Library and can not be replaced. If you have them or know of their location, please return them to the Library!
- During exams, a study room will be available for students to sign out for a block per day and the Library will be a quiet study area. Please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner for more details.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the Library.