It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Colin MacIntyre and Cayden Somers.
Welcome Guest Staff: Janna Goodwin for Anne MacKinnon, Mike Hambly for Lianne Garland, and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
Lost and Found: There were a number of items left behind on the Softball team bus last evening. If you are missing anything, please check at the office. We still have a pair of white wedge sandals that have been in the office since the evening of the prom. If these are yours, please come and pick them up.
Highlights for Today:
- Peer Helpers: There will be Block Meetings today. Please attend.
- Any Grade 12 students who are expecting to receive a Community Service Bursary are asked to go to Student Services as soon as possible to pick up a very important Student Information form which must be completed and submitted in order for you to receive your award, and to verify your personal info so that your certificate will be printed accurately.
- All Grade 12 students who travel on Bus 446 are asked to meet in the Support Staff room at lunch break today.
- Can Emma MacDonald, Leah Jordan, Megan Walsh, Chloe Jardine, Lily Klein, Julie Grant, Taylor Ferguson, Josie Johnston, and Owen Shaw please see Ms. Beaton in room 139 at 12:10 today.
- The Blood Donor Clinic is running today from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. If you have signed up for a spot, please remember to attend. Students are reminded to bring a valid picture ID to the clinic.
- Students are advised that the Fitness Centre will not be open after school today.
- Yearbooks have arrived! Only those students who have paid for books will receive their copy. If you didn’t order a book, please see Ms. McLane. There are some extra copies available; price is $48.
- The Confederation Bridge Education Bursary 2013 has now arrived in Student Services. With a short deadline of June 10th, interested students are asked to get applications in ASAP and return them to Ms. Coady. Selection is based on Academic Performance, Leadership Potential, commitment to community and financial need!
- Billet forms from CSLC spirit leaders are due this Friday, June 7. Please hand them into Ms. Beaton or Ms. Hicken.
- The Library is now in quiet study mode! Absolutely no talking unless a class is in the Library working on an assignment. Anyone who is not respectful of the quiet study area will be asked to leave the Library and return to class.
- Congratulations Celestte Gamble! Celestte won a $10 Wendy’s gift card for the Library display case contest! What do all of these books have in common? They are all on our MRHS Kobos!
- Congratulations to Myles Seeley! Myles won the new Kobo by using his student ID card when signing out Library books throughout the year.
- ALL Library books and Kobos are overdue! Please return ALL items to the Library asap! If items are not returned, students and staff are responsible to pay the replacement value of the missing book, kobo, audio book, video, etc. A list of prices will be given to the office at noon today. Transcripts and report cards will not be available to anyone owing books to the Library.
- Missing items: a camera tripod is missing from the AV room in the Library. If you have the tripod, please return it asap!
- Missing Encyclopedias! World Books B and C-Ch are missing from the 2010 set. These books should not have left the Library and can not be replaced. If you have them or know of their location, please return them to the Library!
- During exams, a study room will be available for students to sign out for a block per day and the Library will be a quiet study area. Please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner for more details.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the Library.
- All Track and Field and Women’s Softball athletes should return your uniforms to Ms. Dowd’s office asap (today if possible).
- Men’s Rugby team will depart at 2:00 pm for their bronze medal game against Charlottetown Rural. Game is at UPEI at 4:15 pm. Go out and cheer them on!
- Congratulations to the Women’s Rugby team on your 17-10 overtime victory over Westisle in the AA Championship last night! Bailey Jackson, Jenna Fitzpatrick, and Lily Klein scored tries, and Brynn VanWiechen converted.
- Congratulations to the Men’s Softball team on a well-played season and a Silver medal at the Provincial Softball Championships yesterday. The men defeated TOSH in the semi-finals before losing to Colonel Gray in the final game.
Yearbook Balances: There are several students who have outstanding balances. If your name is included here, you will not receive your yearbook until payment is made. Hannah Campion, Destiny Jeffries, Caleb Smith, Robert Stach, Julian Annear, Brittany Beck, Sarah Benoit, SaraMarie Benoit, Joshua Black, Emily Blue, Erin Brown, Tyson Campbell, Alexis Carroll, Taylor Carroll, Kaytlin Chandler, Brooke Clarey, Leslie Creed, Brendan Curran, Devin deMontbrun, Rachel Gormley, Ryan Hopkins, Kelsie Hume, Zachary Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Tyler Kemp, Anne-Marie King, Landon Labonte, Lauren MacConnell, Dalton MacDonald, Kelsey MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Lucas MacKenzie, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Mahar, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Nicole Mills, Tyler Moore, Hailey Morris, Daniel Morrison-Benoit, Rachel O’Connor, Caitlyn Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Merissa Rayner, Amy Ryan, Kirsten Stewart, Shirley Stewart, Allie Taylor, Kristen Williams, Tyler Yorston.