It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Mitchel Henderson, Max Morrison and Robert Shepard. Special Birthday greetings to Ms. Jessica Campbell who is a substitute teacher here today.
Welcome Guest Staff: Mike Hambly for Doug Weeks, Jessica Campbell for Alana Trainor, Donna White for Christie Beck, Jennifer Yorston for Gail Greene.
Highlights for Today:
- Yearbooks have arrived! Only those students who have paid for books will receive their copy. If you didn’t order a book, please see Ms. McLane. There are some extra copies available; price is $48.
- The Confederation Bridge Education Bursary 2013 has now arrived in Student Services. With a short deadline of June 10th, interested students are asked to get applications in ASAP and return them to Ms. Coady. Selection is based on Academic Performance, Leadership Potential, commitment to community and financial need!
- The Library is now in quiet study mode! Absolutely no talking unless a class is in the Library working on an assignment. Anyone who is not respectful of the quiet study area will be asked to leave the Library and return to class.
- Congratulations Brittany Beck! Brittany won the May $10 Wendy’s gift card! The draw for the Kobo will be today!! Good luck to everyone who has a ballot in the box. Thank you for using your student ID cards throughout the school year to borrow books from the Library.
- ALL Library books and Kobos are overdue! Please return ALL items to the library asap! If items are not returned, students and staff are responsible to pay the replacement value of the missing book, kobo, audio book, video, etc. A list of prices will be given to the office at noon today. Transcripts and report cards will not be available to anyone owing books to the Library.
- Missing items: a camera tripod is missing from the AV room in the Library. If you have the tripod, please return it asap!
- Missing Encyclopedias! World Books B and C-Ch are missing from the 2010 set. These books should not have left the Library and can not be replaced. If you have them or know of their location, please return them to the Library!
- During exams, a study room will be available for students to sign out for a block per day and the Library will be a quiet study area. Please see Ms. MacDougall-Turner for more details.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the Library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the Library.
- All Track and Field and Women’s Softball athletes should return your uniforms to Ms. Dowd’s office asap (today if possible).
- The MRHS Athletic Department would like to thank all students, teachers, administrators, coaches, and parents who attended the Awards Banquet last evening. Congratulations to all award winners.
- Congratulations to Heather Drake and Brett Birt on being named MRHS Athletes of the Year. Also congratulations to Jonathan Murphy on winning the Chelsey MacKenzie Spirit Award and Ellen MacNearney on winning an Athletic Achievement Award.
- The Women’s Rugby team takes on Westisle today in the AA Championship being held at Colonel Gray. Game time is 5:30 pm. Bus will depart at 3:45 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- The Men’s Softball team takes on TOSH in semifinal action in Westisle today. Bus will depart at 11:00 am.
- The Men’s Rugby team will play Rural for the AAA bronze medal tomorrow at UPEI at 4:15 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- Peer Helpers: There will be Block Meetings on Thursday. Please attend.
- All Grade 12 students who travel on Bus 446 are asked to meet in the Support Staff room at lunch break on Thursday. Please note the change of day!
- This is a reminder of the Blood Donor Clinic this Thursday from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. If you have signed up for a spot, please remember to attend. There are still a few spots left to donate. Interested students over 17 and any staff member can book an appointment by registering on-line at Blood.ca or by calling 1-888-to-donate. Students are reminded to bring a valid picture ID to the clinic.
- Students are advised that the Fitness Centre will not be open after school on Thursday.
Yearbook Balances: There are several students who have outstanding balances. If your name is included here, you will not receive your yearbook until payment is made. Hannah Campion, Tianna Grant, Destiny Jeffries, Nicholas Penny, Caleb Smith, Robert Stach, Julian Annear, Brittany Beck, Sarah Benoit, SaraMarie Benoit, Joshua Black, Emily Blue, Sarah Brothers, Erin Brown, Tyson Campbell, Alexis Carroll, Taylor Carroll, Kaytlin Chandler, Brooke Clarey, Leslie Creed, Lucus Cuddy, Brendan Curran, Devin deMontbrun, Jacob DeFusco, Rachel Gormley, Jonathan Hayes, Ryan Hopkins, Kelsie Hume, Bailey Jackson, Brittany Jackson, Zachary Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Tyler Kemp, Anne-Marie King, Landon Labonte, Lauren MacConnell, Dalton MacDonald, Kelsey MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Lucas MacKenzie, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Mahar, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Nicole Mills, Tyler Moore, Hailey Morris, Daniel Morrison-Benoit, Emily Norton, Rachel O’Connor, Caitlyn Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Merissa Rayner, Kailley Robertson, Amy Ryan, Katelyn Ryan, Kirsten Stewart, Shirley Stewart, Allie Taylor, Kristen Williams, Tyler Yorston.