It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to Amelia Hameline, Ellen MacNearney, Tamara Acorn-MacDonald, and Kaytlin Chandler who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend. Special Happy Birthday to Earl Campbell, who has a “big one” today!
Welcome Guest Staff: Peggy Franciosa for Pauline Kelly (pm), Jonathan Gallant for Peggy Flynn (pm), Janna Goodwin for Janet MacDougall-Turner, Mike Hambly for Doug Weeks, Jessica Campbell for Alana Trainor, and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
Highlights for Today:
- The MRHS Awards Banquet is on Tuesday, June 4, at 6 pm. Dress is business casual. Dress pant and dress shirt or golf shirt for guys. Dress, skirt, or dress pants for girls.
- Choir News from Ms. Beck: We have good news and bad news. The good news is that we have been recommended for National Music Festival Finals!!! Weeeeehaaaaaw! The bad news is that we have to record our performance before the end of this week so we will be recording at Hillcrest United Church on Wednesday morning at 7:30 (June 5). You don’t need to wear your uniforms as this is an audio only recording. See you all Wednesday at 7:30 am at Hillcrest (The big white church where we sang in the festival).
- The following people have been nominated for Musician of the Year: Hannah Buell, Cody Collins, Leah Jordan, Emma MacDonald, Owen Shaw, Sarah Thompson. Congratulations, nominees!
- Are you looking for volunteer hours for your community service bursary? Eastern Eagles is still looking for coaches for mini soccer (U6, U8, U10) Now’s your chance to give back to the community, have a ton of fun and inspire young kids! See Mme Flynn ASAP if you are interested.
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded to do so.
- All Track and Field and Women’s Softball athletes should return your uniforms to Ms. Dowd’s office asap (today if possible).
- Athletic Council meeting in the fitness centre at 12:00 pm today.
- Come out and cheer on the Men’s Softball team as they take on Evangeline in quarterfinal action today at 5:30 pm.
- The Men’s Rugby team will depart for TOSH at 3:45 pm today.
- Congratulations to all Track and Field athletes who competed at provincials this weekend. Special congratulations to the following:
- Bailey Jackson – 1st in Midget Girls triple jump
- Alanna VanWiechen – 2nd in Senior Girls 3000m and 4th in 800m
- Mitchel Henderson – 1st in Midget Boys high jump
- Cody Forrester – 3rd in Senior Boys 100m
- Cameron Glover – 4th in Senior Men’s high jump
- Curtis Martell – 1st in Senior Men’s long jump
- Senior Men’s 4x100m relay team – 4th
- The MRHS Athletic Department is pleased to announce this year’s nominees for Athlete of the Year:
- Female: Heather Drake, Hannah Gormley, Alanna VanWiechen, Megan Walsh
- Male: Brett Birt, Will Buell, Cody Forrester, Curtis Martell
- This is a reminder of the Blood Donor Clinic this Thursday from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. If you have signed up for a spot, please remember to attend. There are still a few spots left to donate. Interested students over 17 and any staff member can book an appointment by registering on-line at Blood.ca or by calling 1-888-to-donate. Students are reminded to bring a valid picture ID to the clinic.
- Students are advised that the Fitness Centre will not be open after school this Thursday.
- Summer School applications are now available in Student Services. Summer School is open to Grades 10, 11 and 12 students looking to get a head start on courses, upgrade or meet graduation requirements. Summer courses are held in Charlottetown, starting July 2 and running for 6 weeks. Classes are held in the mornings Monday – Friday. Available Courses: ENG621, ENG421, MAT621A, EAL701A, B,C,D, CWS501/502 and CWS601/602. Interested students are asked to get an application from Student Services ASAP as classes fill up extremely fast. Official deadline for application is June 22 with the exception of CWS which is June 8. For more information, please contact Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady in Student Services.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot. There will be a draw for a Kobo on June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are now overdue!
Yearbook Balances: There are several students who have outstanding balances. If your name is included here, you must pay up soon rather than have to wait when the books arrive. Hannah Campion, Victoria Duffy, Tianna Grant, Destiny Jeffries, Deanna Morris, Nicholas Penny, Caleb Smith, Robert Stach, Julian Annear, Brittany Beck, Sarah Benoit, SaraMarie Benoit, Joshua Black, Emily Blue, Sarah Brothers, Erin Brown, Tyson Campbell, Alexis Carroll, Taylor Carroll, Kaytlin Chandler, Brooke Clarey, Leslie Creed, Lucus Cuddy, Brendan Curran, Devin deMontbrun, Jacob DeFusco, Rachel Gormley, Jonathan Hayes, Ryan Hopkins, Kelsie Hume, Bailey Jackson, Brittany Jackson, Zachary Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Chelsey Keefe, Tyler Kemp, Anne-Marie King, Landon Labonte, Lauren MacConnell, Dalton MacDonald, Kelsey MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Lucas MacKenzie, Cassie MacLean, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Mahar, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Kara-Lee McCormack, Nicole Mills, Tyler Moore, Hailey Morris, Daniel Morrison-Benoit, Emily Norton, Rachel O’Connor, Caitlyn Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Merissa Rayner, Kailley Robertson, Amy Ryan, Katelyn Ryan, Kirsten Stewart, Shirley Stewart, Allie Taylor, Meagan Thorne, Alanna VanWiechen, Christena Visser, Kristen Williams, Tyler Yorston.