It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Stephanie Hinks and Patrick Walsh.
Welcome Guest Staff: Donna White for Krista MacFarlane, Janna Goodwin for Sandra Hicken, Hailey Butler for Sharon Anderson, Taylor Johnson for Natasha Nabuurs, Kayla Coady for Janet MacDougall-Turner (am), Mike Hambly for Doug Weeks, Glenda Kohli for Maureen MacDonald (am), Wanda Cheverie for Pamela Harris, and Zachary MacLellan for Anne MacKinnon.
Highlights for Today:
- Culinary Meal today: For $8 you will be served Chunky Hawaiian spread and soda crackers, Hawaiian-style Teriyaki chicken, fruit salad, blueberry mochi cake, coconut ice cream and Hawaiian lemonade.
- The following people have been nominated for Musician of the Year: Hannah Buell, Cody Collins, Leah Jordan, Emma MacDonald, Owen Shaw, Sarah Thompson. Congratulations, nominees!
- Are you looking for volunteer hours for your community service bursary? Eastern Eagles is still looking for coaches for mini soccer (U6, U8, U10) Now’s your chance to give back to the community, have a ton of fun and inspire young kids! See Mme Flynn ASAP if you are interested.
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded to do so.
- The MRHS Athletic Department is pleased to announce this year’s nominees for Athlete of the Year:
- Female: Heather Drake, Hannah Gormley, Alanna VanWiechen, Megan Walsh
- Male: Brett Birt, Will Buell, Cody Forrester, Curtis Martell
- Male Athlete of the Week for the week of May 19-26 is Curtis Martell. Curtis placed 1st in the Senior Men’s long jump and third in the Senior Men’s high jump at the Regional East Track and Field Meet last week.
- Female Athlete of the Week for the week of May 19-26 is Alanna VanWiechen. Alanna placed first in the 800m and 2nd in the 3000m at the Regional East Track and Field Meet last week.
- Athletic Council meeting on Monday in the Fitness Centre at 12 pm.
- This is a reminder of the Blood Donor Clinic next Thursday, June 6, from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. If you have signed up for a spot, please remember to attend. There are still a few spots left to donate. Interested students over 17 and any staff member can book an appointment by registering on-line at Blood.ca or by calling 1-888-to-donate. Students are reminded to bring a valid picture ID to the clinic.
- Students are advised that the Fitness Centre will not be open after school next Thursday, June 6.
- Summer School applications are now available in Student Services. Summer School is open to Grades 10, 11 and 12 students looking to get a head start on courses, upgrade or meet graduation requirements. Summer courses are held in Charlottetown, starting July 2 and running for 6 weeks. Classes are held in the mornings Monday – Friday. Available Courses: ENG621, ENG421, MAT621A, EAL701A, B,C,D, CWS501/502 and CWS601/602. Interested students are asked to get an application from Student Services ASAP as classes fill up extremely fast. Official deadline for application is June 22 with the exception of CWS which is June 8. For more information, please contact Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady in Student Services.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Subway or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31st and the Kobo draw will be June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are to be returned to the library by this Friday, May 31.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Yearbook Balances: There are several students who have outstanding balances. If your name is included here, you must pay up soon rather than have to wait when the books arrive. Hannah Campion, Victoria Duffy, Tianna Grant, Destiny Jeffries, Deanna Morris, Nicholas Penny, Caleb Smith, Robert Stach, Julian Annear, Brittany Beck, Sarah Benoit, SaraMarie Benoit, Joshua Black, Emily Blue, Sarah Brothers, Erin Brown, Tyson Campbell, Alexis Carroll, Taylor Carroll, Kaytlin Chandler, Brooke Clarey, Leslie Creed, Lucus Cuddy, Brendan Curran, Devin deMontbrun, Jacob DeFusco, Rachel Gormley, Jonathan Hayes, Ryan Hopkins, Kelsie Hume, Bailey Jackson, Brittany Jackson, Zachary Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Chelsey Keefe, Tyler Kemp, Anne-Marie King, Landon Labonte, Lauren MacConnell, Dalton MacDonald, Kelsey MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Lucas MacKenzie, Cassie MacLean, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Mahar, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Kara-Lee McCormack, Nicole Mills, Tyler Moore, Hailey Morris, Daniel Morrison-Benoit, Emily Norton, Rachel O’Connor, Caitlyn Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Amber Quinn, Merissa Rayner, Kailley Robertson, Amy Ryan, Katelyn Ryan, Kirsten Stewart, Shirley Stewart, Allie Taylor, Meagan Thorne, Alanna VanWiechen, Christena Visser, Alysha White, Kristen Williams, Tyler Yorston.