It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Ocean Benoit, Kyle Dockendorff, and Robert Stach.
Welcome Guest Staff: Taylor Johnson for Natasha Dowd, Donna White for Krista MacFarlane, Janna Goodwin for Sandra Hicken, Hailey Butler for Sharon Anderson, Jessica Campbell for Seana Evans-Renaud (pm), Mike Hambly for Mary Ellen Lowther, and Jonathan Gallant for Carla Richards.
Yearbook Balances: There are several students who have outstanding balances. If your name is included here, you must pay up soon rather than have to wait when the books arrive. Hannah Campion, Victoria Duffy, Tianna Grant, Destiny Jeffries, Erin MacNeill, Bayley Matheson, Deanna Morris, Nicholas Penny, Caleb Smith, Robert Stach, Julian Annear, Brittany Beck, Sarah Benoit, SaraMarie Benoit, Joshua Black, Emily Blue, Allie Boyle, Sarah Brothers, Erin Brown, Tyson Campbell, Alexis Carroll, Taylor Carroll, Kaytlin Chandler, Brooke Clarey, Leslie Creed, Lucus Cuddy, Brendan Curran, Devin deMontbrun, Jacob DeFusco, Rachel Gormley, Jonathan Hayes, Ryan Hopkins, Kelsie Hume, Bailey Jackson, Brittany Jackson, Zachary Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Chelsey Keefe, Tyler Kemp, Anne-Marie King, Landon Labonte, Lauren MacConnell, Dalton MacDonald, Kelsey MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Lucas MacKenzie, Cassie MacLean, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Mahar, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Kara-Lee McCormack, Nicole Mills, Tyler Moore, Hailey Morris, Daniel Morrison-Benoit, Emily Norton, Rachel O’Connor, Caitlyn Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Amber Quinn, Merissa Rayner, Kailley Robertson, Amy Ryan, Katelyn Ryan, Kirsten Stewart, Shirley Stewart, Allie Taylor, Meagan Thorne, Alanna VanWiechen, Christena Visser, Alysha White, Kristen Williams, Tyler Yorston.
Highlights for Today:
- The vocal music department is hosting “Pop ‘N Rock Modern Madness” tonight in the Cafeteria at 7:00. Tickets are $6 for adults and $5 for students and seniors. The concert is a celebration of pop and rock music from 2000 to today. This is going to be a good concert! Come and check it out! The doors open at 6:30pm.
- There will be a barbeque at the Caf today for the Disney Choir selling hot dogs, juice, pop, lemonade, iced tea, and freezies. Come on out!
- The following students should meet in Learning Centre B at 11:10 to prepare for today’s barbeque: Owen Shaw, Hannah Gormley, Leah Jordan, Cheryl McManus, Lisa Morrison and Andrea Smith.
- The Debate Club will meet today at lunch-time in Room 211. Note that the meeting is not being held after school as previously scheduled.
- There is no Choir after school today or tomorrow morning.
- This week, SAVE members will be collecting spare change which will go towards children at the Anderson House Shelter in Charlottetown. These children are victims of abuse and/or living in constant fear. Any spare change you could donate would be appreciated. Thank you!
- Anyone who has signed up for Peer Helping next year must have an interview before you are accepted into the program. If you signed up or are interested in taking peer helping next year, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87 before the summer to set up an interview time.
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded to do so.
- Male Athlete of the Week for the week of May 19-26 is Curtis Martell. Curtis placed 1st in the Senior Men’s long jump and third in the Senior Men’s high jump at the Regional East Track and Field Meet last week.
- Female Athlete of the Week for the week of May 19-26 is Alanna VanWiechen. Alanna placed first in the 800m and 2nd in the 3000m at the Regional East Track and Field Meet last week.
- Track and field practice will be held on Wednesday at 3:15pm.
- Important Athletic Council meeting Wednesday at noon in the PE area.
- CSLC Community Service Committee will meet tomorrow at 12:00 in Room 211.
- Montague is having the 2nd Annual Battle of the Bands this Wednesday, May 29, here at Montague High. Come out at 7:00pm and enjoy some music, take part in the cake auction, and support CSLC 2013. See you there!
- Summer School applications are now available in Student Services. Summer School is open to Grades 10, 11 and 12 students looking to get a head start on courses, upgrade or meet graduation requirements. Summer courses are held in Charlottetown, starting July 2 and running for 6 weeks. Classes are held in the mornings Monday – Friday. Available Courses: ENG621, ENG421, MAT621A, EAL701A, B,C,D, CWS501/502 and CWS601/602. Interested students are asked to get an application from Student Services ASAP as classes fill up extremely fast. Official deadline for application is June 22 with the exception of CWS which is June 8. For more information, please contact Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady in Student Services.
- Holland College has a new scholarship! The Harrison McCain Scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen who has been accepted into a full-time program at Holland College. Financial need will be a primary consideration. Students must apply for the award. Applications are available in student services.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Subway or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31st and the Kobo draw will be June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are to be returned to the library by Friday, May 31.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.