It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Dean Hicken, Nikeda MacDonald, and Zachary Purchase.
Welcome Guest Staff: Taylor Johnson for Natasha Dowd, Jennifer Yorston for Rod MacDonald.
Yearbook Balances: There are several students who have outstanding balances. If your name is included here, you must pay up soon rather than have to wait when the books arrive. Hannah Campion, Victoria Duffy, Tianna Grant, Destiny Jeffries, Erin MacNeill, Bayley Matheson, Deanna Morris, Nicholas Penny, Caleb Smith, Robert Stach, Julian Annear, Brittany Beck, Sarah Benoit, SaraMarie Benoit, Joshua Black, Emily Blue, Allie Boyle, Sarah Brothers, Erin Brown, Tyson Campbell, Alexis Carroll, Taylor Carroll, Kaytlin Chandler, Brooke Clarey, Leslie Creed, Lucus Cuddy, Brendan Curran, Devin deMontbrun, Jacob DeFusco, Rachel Gormley, Jonathan Hayes, Ryan Holland, Ryan Hopkins, Kelsie Hume, Bailey Jackson, Brittany Jackson, Zachary Jenkins, Morgan Jesso, Chelsey Keefe, Tyler Kemp, Anne-Marie King, Landon Labonte, Lauren MacConnell, Dalton MacDonald, Kelsey MacDonald, Logan MacDonald, Lucas MacKenzie, Cassie MacLean, Rosemarie MacLean, Logan MacLeod, Michaela MacSwain, Chloe Mahar, Ashton Martin-MacLean, Kara-Lee McCormack, Nicole Mills, Tyler Moore, Hailey Morris, Daniel Morrison-Benoit, Emily Norton, Rachel O’Connor, Caitlyn Perrot, Jacob Perry, Mitchell Peters, Krystal Pirch, Amber Quinn, Merissa Rayner, Kailley Robertson, Amy Ryan, Katelyn Ryan, Madelaine Sibbick, Kirsten Stewart, Shirley Stewart, Allie Taylor, Meagan Thorne, Alanna VanWiechen, Christena Visser, Alysha White, Kristen Williams, Tyler Yorston.
Highlights for Today:
- Grads: There will be a brief meeting in Room 136 at 12:05 regarding the interfaith service at graduation.
- This week, SAVE members will be collecting spare change which will go towards children at the Anderson House Shelter in Charlottetown. These children are victims of abuse and/or living in constant fear. Any spare change you could donate would be appreciated. Thank you!
- Anyone who has signed up for Peer Helping next year must have an interview before you are accepted into the program. If you signed up or are interested in taking peer helping next year, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87 before you leave for the summer to set up an interview time.
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded to do so.
- The Women’s Rugby team will meet for lunch in Mr. Munn’s room, in preparation for your game against Bluefield at 5:30 today.
- The Men’s and Women’s Softball teams will depart for Bluefield at 2:45 pm. Women play at the York Point field, Men at Terry Fox field.
- Come out and cheer on the Rugby teams as they take on Bluefield in their final league games at home today. Women play at 5:30 pm, Men at 6:30 pm.
- BBQ Lunch: Members of the Disney Choir will be holding a BBQ fund-raiser tomorrow (Tuesday) at lunch. They will have hotdogs and juice; great chance to grab your lunch and help out our students at the same time!
- The Debate Club will meet tomorrow at lunch-time in Room 211. Note that the meeting is not being held after school as previously scheduled.
- Important Athletic Council meeting Wednesday at noon in the PE area.
- Summer School applications are now available in Student Services. Summer School is open to Grades 10, 11 and 12 students looking to get a head start on courses, upgrade or meet graduation requirements. Summer courses are held in Charlottetown, starting July 2 and running for 6 weeks. Classes are held in the mornings Monday – Friday. Available Courses: ENG621, ENG421, MAT621A, EAL701A, B,C,D, CWS501/502 and CWS601/602. Interested students are asked to get an application from Student Services ASAP as classes fill up extremely fast. Official deadline for application is June 22 with the exception of CWS which is June 8. For more information, please contact Mr. Conohan or Ms. Coady in Student Services.
- Encounters With Canada: Canada’s largest youth forum! Student selected for the program spend an amazing week in Ottawa with teens from across Canada. During their week, students from each province aged 14-17 discover their country through each other, learn about Canadian institutions, meet famous and accomplished Canadians, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary experience. 12 Spots are available for our school for the program taking place during the 2013/14 school year. Current Grades 10 and 11 students may apply, however priority will be given to well qualified Grade 11 applicants. If you would like to apply or find out more about the program and weekly themes, stop by Student Services. Application deadline is May 28. Interested students are also encouraged to Google Encounters with Canada and explore the program online.
- Holland College has a new scholarship! The Harrison McCain Scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen who has been accepted into a full-time program at Holland College. Financial need will be a primary consideration. Students must apply for the award. Applications are available in student services.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Subway or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31st and the Kobo draw will be June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are to be returned to the library by Friday, May 31.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.