It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Tamara Wight.
Welcome Guest Staff: Mike Hambly for Michael Merriam, Taylor Johnson for Natasha Dowd (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins (am), Jonathan Gallant for Mary-Ellen Lowther, Donna White for Sandra Hicken (am) and Janet MacDougall-Turner (pm).
Highlights for Today:
- Prom Committee meeting at 12pm in room 113 today.
- CSLC Community Service Committee meeting today at 11:43 in Room 211.
- Blood 4 Life: There will be a brief meeting for Blood 4 Life today at 12:05 in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- Students attending prom are reminded of MRHS’s no scent policy. Please be considerate of others attending prom and do not wear perfume, cologne, scented lotions, etc. to prom. We ask for your co-operation with this in order for everyone attending to have an enjoyable evening with their friends.
- Anyone who has signed up for peer helping next year must have an interview before you are accepted into the program. If you signed up or are interested in taking peer helping next year, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87 before you leave for the summer to set up an interview time.
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded to do so.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Tyler Laird. Tyler is a Grade 11 student from Cardigan; he had an impressive performance at the provincial Triathlon meet last weekend in Summerside. His strong showing at the meet was evident when he crossed the line first in his heat.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Hannah Gormley. Hannah is a Grade 11 student from Murray River; she showed incredible speed at the provincial Triathlon meet this weekend and finished first in the girl’s senior division.
- Best of luck to all our athletes participating in the Regional East Track and Field meet today.
- Volleyball players who are interested in attending summer camps at Holland College are reminded that this is the last day to see Ms. Dowd for a registration form.
- SAVE is hosting a BBQ this Thursday to raise money for the children at the Anderson House Shelter in Charlottetown. These children are victims of abuse and/or living in constant fear. Please come out and support the cause! Available are hot dogs, juice, freezies (small & jumbo) and bake sale items. We have sweet deals, so meet us at lunch break on Thursday! Thank you!
- Next week, SAVE members will be collecting spare change which will go towards children at the Anderson House Shelter in Charlottetown. These children are victims of abuse and/or living in constant fear. Any spare change you could donate would be appreciated. Thank you!
- Boys group will meet tomorrow (Thursday) at the regular time!
- Summer School applications are here and available in Student Services. There are a number of courses being offered including academic English, academic Math and Co-Op. Courses take place in Charlottetown and travel is the responsibility of the student. For a list of available courses, dates, registration and more please come get your application in student services ASAP! Registration is by first come, first served!
- Belfast Minor Hockey Grad Award: Deadline is fast approaching. If you are a Grade 12 student who has played hockey or ringette for Belfast, apply for this award today in student services! Deadline is May 22
- Encounters With Canada: Canada’s largest youth forum! Student selected for the program spend an amazing week in Ottawa with teens from across Canada. During their week, students from each province aged 14-17 discover their country through each other, learn about Canadian institutions, meet famous and accomplished Canadians, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary experience. 12 Spots are available for our school for the program taking place during the 2013/14 school year. Current Grades 10 and 11 students may apply, however priority will be given to well qualified Grade 11 applicants. If you would like to apply or find out more about the program and weekly themes, stop by Student Services. Application deadline is May 28. Interested students are also encouraged to Google Encounters with Canada and explore the program online.
- Holland College has a new scholarship! The Harrison McCain Scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen who has been accepted into a full-time program at Holland College. Financial need will be a primary consideration. Students must apply for the award. Applications are available in student services.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Subway or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31st and the Kobo draw will be June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are to be returned to the library by Friday, May 31.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Public Service Announcements:
- Game Force Designer’s Bootcamp: Game Force is offering Basic 2D and Basic 3D summer camps throughout July and August at various locations across the Island. All camps are for youth 12-18 years of age and are free of charge. No previous video game development experience is necessary. To book a seat, please contact Fred Irving at 314-0428 or email email@example.com. Note that there is a Basic 3D camp at the Montague Wellness Centre from August 19-23 from 8:30am to 12:30pm. You can check out the poster in the school’s main lobby, right by the ticket booth.
- Brudenell Junior Golf Instruction Program will be offered this year. Cost is $99 and registration is scheduled for June 14 at 6:00pm at the Brudenell/Dundarave Golf Shop. Additional questions can be directed to Anne Chouinard at 652-3014 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder: Deadline for applying to the Miss Montague Pageant is Friday, June 21. Applications are available in the main office.