It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to C.J. Young. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Choyce Chappell, Kyle Llewellyn, Tyler McGillivray, Shanley Saunders, and Richard Woods.
Welcome Guest Staff: Mike Hambly for Michael Merriam, Peggy Franciosa for Gail Greene, Trevor MacDonald for Sharon Anderson, Donna White for Janet MacDougall-Turner (pm).
Congratulations to Mme Flynn’s class for taking in the most food for the Food Bank! They’ve won themselves an ice cream party.
Highlights for Today:
- Prom Committee meeting at 12pm in room 113 today and Wednesday.
- All CSLC students who are serving at Prom please meet in the library at morning break today.
- There will be no Debate Club after school today.
- Students attending prom are reminded of MRHS’s no scent policy. Please be considerate of others attending prom and do not wear perfume, cologne, scented lotions, etc. to prom. We ask for your co-operation with this in order for everyone attending to have an enjoyable evening with their friends.
- Anyone who has signed up for peer helping next year must have an interview before you are accepted into the program. If you signed up or are interested in taking peer helping next year, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87 before you leave for the summer to set up an interview time.
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded to do so.
- All Track and Field athletes should meet in Ms. Dowd’s office at morning break to get a uniform. Bring your consent forms and fees! ($10)
- The Regional East Track and Field meet is scheduled for Wednesday, May 22.
- Volleyball players who are interested in attending summer camps at Holland College should see Ms. Dowd by this Wednesday for a registration form.
- Awards Banquet Tickets are on sale at noon in the ticket booth; today is your last day! Cost is $5. Athletes should pick up your tickets – already paid for with your athletic fees!
- CSLC Community Service Committee meeting on Wednesday at 11:43 in Room 211.
- Blood 4 Life: There will be a brief meeting for Blood 4 Life on Wednesday at 12:05 in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- Boys group will meet this Thursday at the regular time!
- Summer School applications are here and available in Student Services. There are a number of courses being offered including academic English, academic Math and Co-Op. Courses take place in Charlottetown and travel is the responsibility of the student. For a list of available courses, dates, registration and more please come get your application in student services ASAP! Registration is by first come, first served!
- Belfast Minor Hockey Grad Award: Deadline is fast approaching. If you are a Grade 12 student who has played hockey or ringette for Belfast, apply for this award today in student services! Deadline is May 22
- Encounters With Canada: Canada’s largest youth forum! Student selected for the program spend an amazing week in Ottawa with teens from across Canada. During their week, students from each province aged 14-17 discover their country through each other, learn about Canadian institutions, meet famous and accomplished Canadians, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary experience. 12 Spots are available for our school for the program taking place during the 2013/14 school year. Current Grades 10 and 11 students may apply, however priority will be given to well qualified Grade 11 applicants. If you would like to apply or find out more about the program and weekly themes, stop by Student Services. Application deadline is May 28. Interested students are also encouraged to Google Encounters with Canada and explore the program online.
- Holland College has a new scholarship! The Harrison McCain Scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen who has been accepted into a full-time program at Holland College. Financial need will be a primary consideration. Students must apply for the award. Applications are available in student services.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Subway or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31st and the Kobo draw will be June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are to be returned to the library by Friday, May 31.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Public Service Announcements:
- Brudenell Junior Golf Instruction Program will be offered this year. Cost is $99 and registration is scheduled for June 14 at 6:00pm at the Brudenell/Dundarave Golf Shop. Additional questions can be directed to Anne Chouinard at 652-3014 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder: Deadline for applying to the Miss Montague Pageant is Friday, June 21. Applications are available in the main office.
- Do you love to swim? Interested in learning life saving skills? Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross will be offered starting Wednesday, May 22, at Atlantic Fitness East in Montague. Call 838-3047 to pre-register.