It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jordan Beaulieu and A.J. Foote.
Welcome Guest Staff: Janna Goodwin for Amy Beck, Dean Woodside for Earl Campbell, Glenda Kohli for Trisha Burrows, and Kayla Coady for Craig Conohan.
Clear your calendars this evening and come out for the final performance of Little Shop of Horrors at tonight 7:00 p.m. Hilarious, scary and more fun than you can imagine. What talent we have at MRHS! Come out and see your fellow students perform in this delightful musical.
Highlights for Today:
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings today for A and B Blocks. Please attend.
- STRIVE members are reminded to submit your journals to Mr. Conohan as soon as possible.
- An Ipod was turned into the office quite some time ago. A scientific calculator was found yesterday. If you are missing either of these items, please check with Kelly in the office.
- Any individuals or businesses in the vicinity of MRHS looking for student employees for the summer months should contact Earl Campbell, Youth Service Worker, at 838-0835, ext. 230.
- Grads: Viking Pin Applications are available for pick up in the library. Please fill in all necessary information, have coaches/advisers sign and return to the library by Friday, May 17.
- Students attending prom are reminded of MRHS’s no scent policy. Please be considerate of others attending prom and do not wear perfume, cologne, scented lotions, etc. to prom. We ask for your co-operation with this in order for everyone attending to have an enjoyable evening with their friends.
- Anyone who has signed up for peer helping next year must have an interview before you are accepted into the program. If you signed up or are interested in taking peer helping next year, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87 before you leave for the summer to set up an interview time.
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded that it must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week: Denver MacKenzie went 4 for 4 with two doubles in MRHS’ 12-8 victory over Morell last week.
- MRHS Female Athlete of the Week: Jenna Fitzpatrick made several key tackles and ran well with the ball in Women’s Rugby games against KISH and Charlottetown Rural last week.
- Track and Field athletes who have their forms signed can slide them under the door of Ms. Dowd’s office today.
- Volleyball players who are interested in attending summer camps at Holland College should see Ms. Dowd by next Wednesday for a registration form.
- Awards Banquet Tickets on Sale! Thursday, May 16 – Tuesday, May 21, at noon in the ticket booth Cost – $5. Athletes – come pick up your tickets – already paid for with your athletic fees!
- Track and Field practice today at 3:15 pm.
- The Culinary class is making a BBQ-themed meal this Friday. It includes BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, twice-baked potatoes, coleslaw, fruit popsicles, along with strawberry lemonade for a drink.
- Encounters With Canada: Canada’s largest youth forum! Student selected for the program spend an amazing week in Ottawa with teens from across Canada. During their week, students from each province aged 14-17 discover their country through each other, learn about Canadian institutions, meet famous and accomplished Canadians, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary experience. 12 Spots are available for our school for the program taking place during the 2013/14 school year. Current Grades 10 and 11 students may apply, however priority will be given to well qualified Grade 11 applicants. If you would like to apply or find out more about the program and weekly themes, stop by Student Services. Application deadline is May 28. Interested students are also encouraged to Google Encounters with Canada and explore the program online.
- Holland College has a new scholarship! The Harrison McCain Scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen who has been accepted into a full-time program at Holland College. Financial need will be a primary consideration. Students must apply for the award. Applications are available in student services.
- PEI Mutual Scholarship Applications are now available! Two $800 scholarships will be given to MRHS grads. These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement and financial need! Interested students are asked to go to Student Services to get your applications. Deadline is May 17, 2013.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Subway or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31st and the Kobo draw will be June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are to be returned to the library by Friday, May 31.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Public Service Announcements:
- The Miss Montague Pageant will take place as part of Montague Summer Days festivities scheduled for July 5-7. Contestants must be between 14 and 18 years of age and attend either Montague Intermediate or Montague Regional High Schools. Applications are available in the main office and can be faxed to 838-5143 (attention Dale Cudmore) or dropped off at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre. Deadline for applications is Friday, June 21, 2013.
- Do you love to swim? Interested in learning life saving skills? Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross will be offered starting Wednesday, May 22, at Atlantic Fitness East in Montague. Call 838-3047 to pre-register.