It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Victoria Hawkins, Emma Higginbotham, Amber Johnstone, Megan MacDonald, Meagan McGuigan, and Brynn VanWiechen.
Welcome Guest Staff: Martin Zver for Karen Malone (pm), Mike Hambly for Michael Merriam, Peggy Franciosa for Toby Murphy, Janna Goodwin for Janet MacDougall-Turner, and Donna White for Sandra Hicken (am).
Lost: A pair of Size 6 Nike women’s runners (grey and orange). Last seen in the Women’s Locker room last Thursday. Please come to the office if you have any information.
Highlights for Today:
- Ms. Amy Beck’s B Block class should go to the library for class on Monday and Tuesday this week.
- Bring in any non-perishable food items to help fill the Montague Food Bank shelves this week. A contest is being held to see which homeroom can collect the most items between today and Thursday as a project for the French Global Issues class. There will be a prize for the winning homeroom!
- Grads: Viking Pin Applications are available for pick up in the library. Please fill in all necessary information, have coaches/advisers sign and return to the library by Friday, May 17.
- Prom Tickets are on sale in the ticket booth during lunch or in the library during break and after school. Deadline for ticket sales is WEDNESDAY, MAY 15 – no exceptions.
- Students attending prom are reminded of MRHS’s no scent policy. Please be considerate of others attending prom and do not wear perfume, cologne, scented lotions, etc. to prom. We ask for your co-operation with this in order for everyone attending to have an enjoyable evening with their friends.
- Anyone who has signed up for peer helping next year must have an interview before you are accepted into the program. If you signed up or are interested in taking peer helping next year, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87 before you leave for the summer to set up an interview time.
- Jazz Band and Concert Band students: There will be no rehearsals until after “Little Shop of Horrors”.
- Tickets for MRHS’s production of Little Shop of Horrors are now on sale from members of the cast and crew or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87. The show will run for three nights, May 14, 15, and 16, starting at 7:00 pm. Tickets cost $10 each for adults or $8 for students and seniors.
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded that it must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- Men’s Softball team plays today, on the road, against Colonel Gray. Team bus departs at 2:45pm.
- Women’s Rugby will not have a team lunch today. There is a walk through practice at 3:20 in preparation for your game at 5:00pm.
- Come out and cheer on your rugby teams as they take on Colonel Gray today at home. Women play at 5:15pm, Men at 6:15pm.
- Athletic Council Meeting in Ms. Dowd’s office tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12:05.
- Track and Field practice on Tuesday and Thursday at 3:15 pm.
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club will be meeting Wednesday (May 15) at 3:10pm.
- Holland College has a new scholarship! The Harrison McCain Scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen who has been accepted into a full-time program at Holland College. Financial need will be a primary consideration. Students must apply for the award. Applications are available in student services.
- PEI Mutual Scholarship Applications are now available! Two $800 scholarships will be given to MRHS grads. These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement and financial need! Interested students are asked to go to Student Services to get your applications. Deadline is May 17, 2013.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Subway or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31st and the Kobo draw will be June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are to be returned to the library by Friday, May 31.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Public Service Announcements:
- The Miss Montague Pageant will take place as part of Montague Summer Days festivities scheduled for July 5-7. Contestants must be between 14 and 18 years of age and attend either Montague Intermediate or Montague Regional High Schools. Applications are available in the main office and can be faxed to 838-5143 (attention Dale Cudmore) or dropped off at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre. Deadline for applications is Friday, June 21, 2013.
- Do you love to swim? Interested in learning life saving skills? Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross will be offered starting Wednesday, May 22, at Atlantic Fitness East in Montague. Call 838-3047 to pre-register.