It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Dakota Llewellyn.
Welcome Guest Staff: Mike Hambly for Michael Merriam, Janna Goodwin for Bethany MacLeod, Martin Zver for Karen Malone, Graham MacDonald for Matthew Killeen, Jonathan Gallant for Alana Trainor, Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson, Wanda Cheverie for Pamela Harris, Anna Ignacio for Sandra Hicken (pm), Jordan Daigle for Mary-Ellen Lowther, Andrew Murchison for Anne MacKinnon, and Taylor Johnson for Natasha Dowd.
Highlights for Today:
- Peer Helpers – Major projects are due today.
- SADD: There will be an important planning meeting for SADD today ta 12:00 in Mr. Jamieson’s room.
- Musical rehearsals today are from 3:15 – 6:00. All must attend.
- Grads: Viking Pin Applications are available for pick up in the library. Please fill in all necessary information, have coaches/advisers sign and return to the library by Friday, May 17.
- Prom Tickets are on sale in the ticket booth during lunch or in the library during break and after school. Deadline for ticket sales is WEDNESDAY, MAY 15 – no exceptions.
- Students attending prom are reminded of MRHS’s no scent policy. Please be considerate of others attending prom and do not wear perfume, cologne, scented lotions, etc. to prom. We ask for your co-operation with this in order for everyone attending to have an enjoyable evening with their friends.
- Cooperative Work Studies 502 and 602 students, please see Ms. Hicken for a copy of your final assignment due June 6. If you have any work which still needs to be completed, please hand it in by the end of this week.
- Anyone who has signed up for peer helping next year must have an interview before you are accepted into the program. If you signed up or are interested in taking peer helping next year, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87 before you leave for the summer to set up an interview time.
- Yearbook Reminder: Any students who still owe for yearbooks you have ordered are reminded to pay as soon as possible! Pay up!
- Jazz Band and Concert Band students: There will be no rehearsals until after the “Little Shop of Horrors” productions.
- Tickets for MRHS’s production of Little Shop of Horrors are now on sale from members of the cast and crew or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87. The show will run for three nights, May 14, 15, and 16, starting at 7:00 pm. Tickets cost $10 each for adults or $8 for students and seniors. This is going to be an awesome show!
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded that it must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- The Women’s and Men’s Rugby team bus will depart the school for Charlottetown Rural at 3:45 pm today.
- Men’s Softball team plays again next Monday on the road against Colonel Gray.
- Athletic Council Meeting in Ms. Dowd’s office on Tuesday at 12:05.
- Field Hockey players who wish to play summer field hockey should see Ms. Dowd for more information (today is the last day).
- Basketball players interested in attending a summer camp at St. FX, please see Ms. Dowd (by Friday) for more information.
- MRHS Athletes of the Week:
- o Nick Lund was instrumental in the Men’s Rugby team victory over Souris on Wednesday. Nick made several key catches and tackles and ran well at the fullback position. Nick also converted for the win.
- o Allie Boyle had an outstanding match in her first game at the scrum half position in the Women’s Rugby team’s defeat of Westisle on Wednesday. Allie ran well with the ball and was a vocal leader.
- o Thomas Hebert pitched in every game as the men’s softball team went 4-0 and won the Colonel Gray Tip Off to Spring Tournament. Thomas played well defensively and batted well to lead the Vikings to victory.
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club will be meeting next Wednesday (May 15) at 3:10pm.
- Holland College has a new scholarship! The Harrison McCain Scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen who has been accepted into a full-time program at Holland College. Financial need will be a primary consideration. Students must apply for the award. Applications are available in student services.
- The deadline for applications for the 2013 Atlantic Veterinary College Summer Academy is today. See Student Services for more information.
- PEI Mutual Scholarship Applications are now available! Two $800 scholarships will be given to MRHS grads. These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement and financial need! Interested students are asked to go to Student Services to get your applications. Deadline is May 17, 2013.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
Prom Committee Request:
- Prom Committee is asking all Grads to submit pictures of school events, sports teams or fun memories throughout your Grade 1-12 years for a slide show during the dinner. Please drop off pictures to Ms. MacDougall-Turner in the library or email to email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is today: May 10.
From the Library:
- Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Subway or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31st and the Kobo draw will be June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are to be returned to the library by Friday, May 31.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Public Service Announcements:
- The Miss Montague Pageant will take place as part of Montague Summer Days festivities scheduled for July 5-7. Contestants must be between 14 and 18 years of age and attend either Montague Intermediate or Montague Regional High Schools. Applications are available in the main office and can be faxed to 838-5143 (attention Dale Cudmore) or dropped off at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre. Deadline for applications is Friday, June 21, 2013.