It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Chase MacLeod and Nicole Mills.
Welcome Guest Staff: Mike Hambly for Michael Merriam, Janna Goodwin for Bethany MacLeod, and Amanda MacEachern for Kayla Coady (am).
Highlights for Today:
- Musical rehearsals will be held today from 3:15 – 6:00. All must attend.
- Prom Committee meeting is scheduled for today at 11:45 in Room 113.
- Attention all musicians! Mr. Jamieson’s 621X History class is looking for musicians to play on Friday, May 17, in the Cafeteria from 10:00 to 11:30am for Senior Citizen Day. All acoustic players, fiddlers, singers, and dancers are welcome! Please see Ian Campbell, Anna Frankfurt or Mr. Jamieson to get registered!
- Anyone who has signed up for peer helping next year must have an interview before you are accepted into the program. If you signed up or are interested in taking peer helping next year, please see Mrs. Hicken in Room #87 before you leave for the summer to set up an interview time.
- Yearbook Reminder: Any students who still owe for yearbooks you have ordered are reminded to pay as soon as possible! Pay up!
- Jazz Band and Concert Band students: There will be no rehearsals until after the “Little Shop of Horrors” productions.
- Prom tickets are now on sale from the ticket booth during lunch break at a cost of $25 per person. Tickets will not be available after May 15, so please plan ahead.
- Tickets for MRHS’s production of Little Shop of Horrors are now on sale from members of the cast and crew or from Mrs. Hicken in Room #87. The show will run for three nights, May 14, 15, and 16, starting at 7:00 pm. Tickets cost $10 each for adults or $8 for students and seniors. This is going to be an awesome show!
- Students who have not yet paid $20 Student Fees are reminded that it must be paid in order to purchase a Prom Ticket.
- Men’s Softball team plays again next Monday on the road against Colonel Gray.
- Field Hockey players who wish to play summer field hockey should see Ms. Dowd by Friday for more information.
- Basketball players interested in attending a summer camp at St. FX, please see Ms. Dowd (by Friday) for more information.
- Track and Field practice will be held on Thursday at 3:15 pm.
- MRHS Athletes of the Week:
- Nick Lund was instrumental in the Men’s Rugby team victory over Souris on Wednesday. Nick made several key catches and tackles and ran well at the fullback position. Nick also converted for the win.
- Allie Boyle had an outstanding match in her first game at the scrum half position in the Women’s Rugby team’s defeat of Westisle on Wednesday. Allie ran well with the ball and was a vocal leader.
- Thomas Hebert pitched in every game as the men’s softball team went 4-0 and won the Colonel Gray Tip Off to Spring Tournament. Thomas played well defensively and batted well to lead the Vikings to victory.
- The final STRIVE meeting is tomorrow (Thursday) during lunch at the back of the library. Pizza will be provided.
- Peer Helpers – Major projects are due Friday, May 10, and as a result of this, there will be no block meetings this week.
- Musical rehearsals on Friday are from 3:15 – 6:00. All must attend.
- Prom Committee meeting on Thursday at 11:45 in Room 113.
- Patti Larsen’s Writing Club will be meeting next Wednesday (May 15) at 3:10pm.
- On Thursday, May 9, a representative will be here to talk to Parents and Students about Student Loans. The session will be held at 6:00pm in the Library. Students who would like to attend or have their parents attend are to sign up in student services.
- Holland College has a new scholarship! The Harrison McCain Scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian citizen who has been accepted into a full-time program at Holland College. Financial need will be a primary consideration. Students must apply for the award. Applications are available in student services.
- The deadline for applications for the 2013 Atlantic Veterinary College Summer Academy has been extended until Friday, May 10, 2013. See Student Services for more information.
- PEI Mutual Scholarship Applications are now available! Two $800 scholarships will be given to MRHS grads. These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement and financial need! Interested students are asked to go to Student Services to get your applications. Deadline is May 17, 2013.
- Students who have received scholarships or awards from universities or other organizations are asked to report this information to student services. If possible, please bring in the offer letter. Students who have been awarded scholarships and awards are recognized at graduation and it is important to recognize both the recipient and the donor at that time.
Prom 2013 Update:
- Prom Committee is asking all Grads to submit pictures of school events, sports teams or fun memories throughout your Grade 1-12 years for a slide show during the dinner. Please drop off pictures to Ms. MacDougall-Turner in the library or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is May 10.
From the Library:
- Congrats to Rachel Campion for winning a $10 Subway gift card. Continue to use your MRHS student ID to check a book out of the library and receive a ballot to win a $10 gift card from Subway or Wendy’s. A name is drawn from the ballots on the last day of classes each month. Next draw date is May 31st and the Kobo draw will be June 7th!
- All library books and Kobos are to be returned to the library by Friday, May 31.
- Forgot your pen or pencil? Come to the library and buy a pen or pencil for $1. All proceeds going to purchasing new books for the library.
Public Service Announcements:
- The Miss Montague Pageant will take place as part of Montague Summer Days festivities scheduled for July 5-7. Contestants must be between 14 and 18 years of age and attend either Montague Intermediate or Montague Regional High Schools. Applications are available in the main office and can be faxed to 838-5143 (attention Dale Cudmore) or dropped off at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre. Deadline for applications is Friday, June 21, 2013.